I have just released a free version of my Wallpaper Changer application. The Lite version is fully functional with just a few options from the premium version.
    The Lite version has a 10 wallpaper limitation, meaning it will only rotate through the first 10 wallpapers in a folder. There is no randomization option, it will just rotate in order. There are preset rotation times you can select from but the custom time option is not available in the Lite version.

Features:
    • Supports JPG, TIF, PNG, & BMP format picture files.
    • Low battery usage, won't drain your battery.
    • Smart media detection, when mass storage mode is enabled and Blackberry is plugged into computer via USB wallpaper changing is stopped and then safely resumes once unplugged.
    • Lightweight, simple and efficient, not bloated with extra un-needed functions.
    • Automatic start up after battery pull or device reset.

Requirements: OS 4.7 and above. This application will not work on OS 4.6 and under. This will run on the 9000/8900/8330 etc running OS 5.0

Download the Lite version from here for free: Wallpaper Changer Lite - Entertainment BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

If you are interested in the full version you can find it here: Wallpaper Changer - Entertainment BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    11-04-09 02:26 PM
    awsome product! i've been running the full version for about a month, and it works great!
    11-04-09 03:13 PM
    This looks pretty cool. Will give it a try later.
    11-04-09 03:33 PM
    I've had this app for a while now (full version) and it is by far my BEST and most used app..I love it..you wont be sorry purchasing the full version..I cant say enough good things about it and I recommend it to a lot of people..Enjoy!
    11-04-09 03:55 PM
    Does this kill the battery since its in the background

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 04:04 PM
    Does this kill the battery since its in the background

I did some tests as I was developing the app and I couldnt tell any significant difference in battery life. In a more technical aspect the way the BB API handles the timer is that the code is only really running when the timer is executed (at the rotation interval). So although the app is technically running in the background it is just sitting idle 99% of the time.
    11-04-09 04:27 PM
    cool thank you very much have to give it a try
    11-04-09 06:09 PM
    hey shao, havent seen you around for awhile. nice to see your still making apps
    11-04-09 07:59 PM
    I just downloaded the lite version but I get an error when I try to run it. I already tried doing a battery pull.

11-04-09 09:03 PM
    can we get a app like this for older models running 4.5 as id love this for my 8330
    11-04-09 09:04 PM
    I've had this app for a while now (full version) and it is by far my BEST and most used app..I love it..you wont be sorry purchasing the full version..I cant say enough good things about it and I recommend it to a lot of people..Enjoy!
    Thanks

hey shao, havent seen you around for awhile. nice to see your still making apps
    Yup, still working on a few things, hopefully will have a fresh new app soon.

I just downloaded the lite version but I get an error when I try to run it. I already tried doing a battery pull.
    Are you running the beta 5.0 OS on the 8330? It won't work on OS 4.5.
    11-04-09 09:06 PM
    can we get a app like this for older models running 4.5 as id love this for my 8330
    Unfortunately RIM didn't add the interface for developers to change the home screen image until OS 4.7. But it will work with the OS 5.0 beta currently and when it is officially released for the 8330.
    11-04-09 09:09 PM
    Hey Shao, how's it going fellow Canuck!
    Yeah I happened to notice this in the App Store last night...
    Thanks for the free version!

I just downloaded to try...
    I'll post a really insightful review later!

One thing that I don't like so far and didn't like about Leave It On: I know these are apps that "run in the background," but can't there be some way to hide the icon from appearing in the App Switcher?

Take for example the free app WeatherEye that works in the background always but doesn't appear in the App Switcher. Or RSS readers like Pocket Express that download content at set intervals but don't always appear to be open...
    11-04-09 11:02 PM
    This looks pretty cool. Will give it a try later.
    Wow Shao128 and Shaoping... any relation?
    11-04-09 11:18 PM
    Yup, still working on a few things, hopefully will have a fresh new app soon.
    I was happy to be an early tester with FlashOn. Let me know if I can help testing whatever else you have on the way!
    (It's always exciting to get a PM!)
    11-04-09 11:21 PM
    i was runnin the os 5.0 beta and it made my phone super laggy and slow
    11-05-09 11:11 AM
    i am also running the 5.0 beta on my curve, and this program did nothing to how the phone operates.
    11-05-09 11:23 AM
    no not the program sorry..i meant the OS itself was super laggy
    11-05-09 12:29 PM
    you should upgrade to the v4 hybrid that was put together.
    11-05-09 12:30 PM
    Hey Shao, how's it going fellow Canuck!
    Yeah I happened to notice this in the App Store last night...
    Thanks for the free version!

I just downloaded to try...
    I'll post a really insightful review later!

One thing that I don't like so far and didn't like about Leave It On: I know these are apps that "run in the background," but can't there be some way to hide the icon from appearing in the App Switcher?

Take for example the free app WeatherEye that works in the background always but doesn't appear in the App Switcher. Or RSS readers like Pocket Express that download content at set intervals but don't always appear to be open...
    Thanks for the feed back. I was looking into something like this for the next version. Stay tuned
    11-06-09 08:11 AM
    Ive just released version 1.2 of both the Lite and full version, made some improvements based on user feedback.
    11-06-09 03:44 PM
    Small update to version 1.21, there was a bug for some people where the rotation time would reset after a battery pull which has been fixed now.
    11-10-09 11:47 AM
    update in the free version, or the premium version?
    11-10-09 12:55 PM
    The free version.
    11-10-09 01:02 PM
    Free version updated to 1.3.

Includes fixes for some versions of OS 5.0. Added option top enable/disable Wallpaper Changer and some other minor tweaks.
    11-17-09 10:36 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD