checking it out, will report back in few minutes
    thank you sir, dont suppose theres an OTA link for it is there?
    06-23-09 10:33 PM
    thank you sir, dont suppose theres an OTA link for it is there?
    i will c what i can do
    06-23-09 10:39 PM
    checking it out, will report back in few minutes

edit: works fine w/ mine

r u doing this:

connect phone > open c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe > next > next > add > Vlingo.alx > open > select vlingo > next

(when u open the zip file, r u extracting the two files that r in the zip files to a folder together...(like put the files in a folder called "Vlingo" and put both of those files into that folder and put the folder onto ur desktop)
    Just got it to work on DM... had to remove the current version first. Installing as I type! Thanks alot DRIFT
    06-23-09 10:39 PM
    Just got it to work on DM... had to remove the current version first. Installing as I type! Thanks alot DRIFT
    haha, i was just creating a ota file, mite as well just put it up for others to use
    06-23-09 10:51 PM
    haha, i was just creating a ota file, mite as well just put it up for others to use
    Well now I have another problem... It says I cannot record voice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 10:58 PM

Same here. I get to step 4 and when i hold the convenience key it says "can't record. please try again"

06-24-09 01:02 AM
    Been runnning this application for over a week and I'm love it. Makes text while driving alot easier

also go into Options/Advance options/Applications and then press the bb button and Disable Compatibility Mode. This will make it easier to navigate easier.
    06-24-09 01:37 AM

Same here. I get to step 4 and when i hold the convenience key it says "can't record. please try again"

that's cause u probably dont have the correct permissions set...

options > advanced options > applications > highlight vlingo > bbmenu > edit permissions > make sure ALL three permissions r set to Allow, none should say deny or custom... > bbmenu > save > u r now able to record voice (it would not allow u to record bc the Interactions permission was set to custom, probably setting recording to deny/prompt)
    06-24-09 10:12 AM
    Thanks drift. Don't know why I didn't think of that

06-24-09 10:27 AM
    Thanks drift. Don't know why I didn't think of that

probably bc when u first install it, it asks u to allow permissions, u thought it will allow all, so u saved it...however, it sets the interactions permission to custom..
    06-24-09 10:31 AM
    Yeah probably. Works like a charm now! Thanks a lot for posting that attachment. I owe you one.
    06-24-09 03:49 PM
    i'm getting a syntax error when using the app loader. tried the dm too, not working...ideas?
    06-24-09 10:04 PM
    Create a folder on your desktop called "Vlingo"

Extract the .zip file Vlingo to the folder you created on your desktop. Open your DM > App loader > Browse > select the vlingo folder on desktop > click on the .alx file > load > edit permissions to allow all > enjoy!
    06-24-09 11:04 PM
    I did that and DM wouldn't install it...not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    06-25-09 12:18 PM
    I did that and DM wouldn't install it...not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    try:

plug in phone to pc/laptop > open "c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" > next > next > add > browse to the vlingo folder > select "vlingo.alx" > open > select in list > next > continue process
    06-25-09 12:37 PM
    Drift,

I tried that method also. When using the apploader I get the "syntax error in line 1" error. Needles to say Vlingo doesn't appear in the list for me to select.
    06-25-09 12:48 PM
    Did you extract the zip file? sounds like you didn't if it's not recognizing the .alx file.
    06-25-09 01:49 PM
    can a link be posted for the dl?
    06-25-09 10:36 PM
    Thanks for the info
    06-25-09 10:37 PM
    can a link be posted for the dl?
    well if you would read the prevoius posts... there is a link already.
    06-25-09 10:40 PM
    are you talkin about the zip
    Drift,

I tried that method also. When using the apploader I get the "syntax error in line 1" error. Needles to say Vlingo doesn't appear in the list for me to select.
    remove the current version of vlingo on your device then upload through DM or .exe
    ok ur talkin about the zip folder? i mean a file where u can click on from phone to dl
    06-25-09 10:47 PM
    ok ur talkin about the zip folder? i mean a file where u can click on from phone to dl
    i cant get my ota file to work, ya have to use dm for now, sorry
    06-25-09 11:08 PM
    i cant get my ota file to work, ya have to use dm for now, sorry
    no offense driftdevil but Im pretty sure you have done enough. take a break for once. you help people like 110% more than anyone else on here... "Bring it down a notch Scotty"
    06-25-09 11:15 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD