Excellent application. YouMail and VYMail are a must have application bundle for every Blackberry. Great beta with even more potential. Thank you very much!
    01-04-09 10:37 PM
    Working great for me on 4.5.097.

I just spent some fun time setting customized voicemail for my contacts.

Do you think someone will develop the transcript feature for free?

Great work!
    01-05-09 03:14 PM
    **** **** ****ing youmail doesn't support Rogers yet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 03:59 PM
    I am not getting voice mail indicators on the home page with this app on my bold. I use Alert Matrix, which allows me to create an alert for VM from the text message I get.
    01-05-09 06:47 PM
    I am not getting voice mail indicators on the home page with this app on my bold. I use Alert Matrix, which allows me to create an alert for VM from the text message I get.
    I'm confused; are you not getting your alerts from alert matrix? As far as I know, the VyMail app does not YET provide a homescreen alert (visual indicator or audible/vibe) but I believe this functionality is coming.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here...
    01-06-09 09:23 AM
    One other minor feature request. DEL key useable to delete messages =P
    Keep up the awesome work, this app is great.

Del works from the inbox screen on my Curve.
    01-06-09 03:39 PM
    hi, thanks for the application. unfortunately it is not showing any messages on my new 8320. i tried yesterday again uninstalled today and re-installed.

tried the following trick.
    1. removed the 1 from the phone number
    2. added a XXX-XXX-XXXX in phone number
    3. application security provided allow for all
    4. i have a test vmail on the youmail. but the vymail does not show anything.

please help.
    01-06-09 06:47 PM
    Just wanted to say this is a great app! Using it on my T-Mobile 8320 4.5.0.124, works perfectly.

I set it to use TCP, but beyond that just ran it and went. I do notice that in the app switcher the background process is showing up there, but if selected it does nothing. Once you open the application, there are two instances of it on the task switcher.

YouMail should purchase this little gem from you!
    01-07-09 03:17 AM
    I'm confused; are you not getting your alerts from alert matrix? As far as I know, the VyMail app does not YET provide a homescreen alert (visual indicator or audible/vibe) but I believe this functionality is coming.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here...
    Thanks, I had apparently mis-read that the alerts would be on main screen for the newer OS's. Alert Matrix is doing what it should and giving me the alert.
    01-07-09 11:27 AM
    hi, thanks for the application. unfortunately it is not showing any messages on my new 8320. i tried yesterday again uninstalled today and re-installed.

tried the following trick.
    1. removed the 1 from the phone number
    2. added a XXX-XXX-XXXX in phone number
    3. application security provided allow for all
    4. i have a test vmail on the youmail. but the vymail does not show anything.

please help.
    Try removing the dashes from the Phone Number. Also, verify that the NUM lock is enabled when you enter the PIN (VyMail enables it by default when you scroll to the field).
    01-07-09 12:04 PM
    I've been using YouMail for quite some time and I've really wanted a visual voicemail app. Thanks for all your hard work! I would really like a "star" notification to see that I have a new VM. Also, I would like to have a "mark prior as opened" or "delete prior" feature. I have hundreds of VMs in my inbox and I'd like to be able to apply one action to all of them. At least I'd like to be able to shift-highlight them and perform one action on multiple voicemails.

Thanks again for your hard work! I will keep providing feedback and would be willing to pay for this app if it had all the functionality I need.

I'm using the VyMail app along with my YouMail account and it works great! One trick I am using to get quicker voicemail notification and keep a separate list of my voicemails is to setup my YouMail account with a unique e-mail address. (ie. MyVoicemail@YourISP) Make sure YouMail is setup to send e-mail notification and attach the mp3 file to the message. I then place the icon for that E-mail account on the home screen and get a new mail notification (visual and sound based on sound profile settings) within seconds of receiving a voicemail. I can download and listen to my voicemail directly from the e-mail or open the VyMail app to view the my full list of voicemails.

Hope this is helpful. Works for me!
    01-14-09 04:37 PM
    I'm liking this program. Thanks for the efforts!

One issue though is that I listen to my voice mails thru the speakerphone and even though you can control the volume wit the volume keys it does not go loud enough. Some people mumble and or speak softly, and for these calls it's necessary to be able to jack the volume.

Is this possible?

Thanks again
    Last edited by Marine One; 01-16-09 at 03:40 AM.
    01-16-09 03:30 AM
    I'm suprised this thread hasn't been touched in 4 months. Great app, I definitely recommend it. Everybody should have this.
    05-18-09 12:32 AM
    Is this better than the youmail visual mail plus program ? Seems like this program alerts you to new messages faster....ior do the two programs conflict each other...?

05-18-09 09:09 AM
    I use the youmail visual mail plus too. What's the difference?
    05-18-09 10:09 AM
    For some reason, I have this program to sync every minute. But it doesnt automatically show a new message.. I have to manually do it... Am I missing a setting or something??
    05-18-09 12:12 PM
    Ok, looks lke this bad boy is up and running now.. Ive turned off email / txt notifications, cause that got annoying.. now I got a little mail icon on my homescreen adn the alerts are coming through fairly fast.. Set the synch time to every minute.. I like it.. And I havent seen a drop in my mins used as a result of this Youmail program... strange... as some people said it takes up your minutes..
    05-18-09 02:24 PM
    Ok, looks lke this bad boy is up and running now.. Ive turned off email / txt notifications, cause that got annoying.. now I got a little mail icon on my homescreen adn the alerts are coming through fairly fast.. Set the synch time to every minute.. I like it.. And I havent seen a drop in my mins used as a result of this Youmail program... strange... as some people said it takes up your minutes..
    Acutally, I take that back.. Three voicemails game through and I noticed my remaining minutes went down by 1 minute.. Not bad.. I can live with that with rollover mins..
    05-18-09 02:25 PM
    I don't have the BB service yet, do I need it to work for me??? Cuz its not....
    05-22-09 10:42 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD