HAVING ISSUES WITH FREE VERSION OF QUICKPULL: I've got a Sprint Curve 8530 running OS 5.0.0.459. It appears to download and install correctly, all the permissions are set to ALLOW, and it even Reboots after installation. However, NOTHING HAPPENS when I click on the icon to start the application. Any thoughts??
    03-20-10 09:07 AM
    This has been a problem for a long long time. QP doesn't work with 5.0. I have no idea why they haven't updated it or if they are even trying to. But to avoid having to physically pull the battery, just push alt-right shift-delete to simulate a battery pull.

BTW, nice to see fellow Charlotte residents on here
    03-20-10 09:36 AM
    This has been a problem for a long long time. QP doesn't work with 5.0. I have no idea why they haven't updated it or if they are even trying to. But to avoid having to physically pull the battery, just push alt-right shift-delete to simulate a battery pull.

BTW, nice to see fellow Charlotte residents on here
    I've asked before and never really got an answer but there SEEMS to be some difference between button reset and physical battery pull for me. The button sequence seems to reset the same, takes the same amount of time, with the same sliding bar indication.

I was having random reboots, mostly when removing from my holster, that several button "simulation" reboots didn't cure. Physically pulled the battery and the problem is gone.

Still don't know ........
    03-20-10 10:13 AM
    HAVING ISSUES WITH FREE VERSION OF QUICKPULL: I've got a Sprint Curve 8530 running OS 5.0.0.459. It appears to download and install correctly, all the permissions are set to ALLOW, and it even Reboots after installation. However, NOTHING HAPPENS when I click on the icon to start the application. Any thoughts??
    Forget Quickpull. Just hold down the left-alt, right-shift and del buttons together for a few seconds and your BB will reboot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-10 03:30 PM
    I use quickpull on my curve 8520 running OS.5, and it works everytime! I first installed QP 3.6.3 but it kept freezing everytime I tried to use it. I then found and installed QP 3.7.2 over the older version of QP and now it works like a charm. I dont know if the new installation over the old one was what did the trick or if QP 3.7.2 was created for OS.5 users in mind. All I know is that it just works.
    The only problem I face now is that I cant get rid of the older version from appearing in my apps list in options no matter how many times I delete it. O well, I guess thats just a small price to pay in order to have QP working on my OS.5 Curve. Oh yea, I am also using a free version.
    03-20-10 09:39 PM
    Forget Quickpull. Just hold down the left-alt, right-shift and del buttons together for a few seconds and your BB will reboot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yeah im having the same issue with qp on 5.0 i just did that reboot step (above) but that will be a an issue i like qp i see someone else said something about ver: 3. something ill try that
    03-26-10 02:01 PM
    get quicklaunch it has a reset device included in it.
    03-26-10 07:51 PM
    I was reading on some other forums about QuickPull now working on OS's greater than 5.0. This is a possible solution as to why your device isn't working with QP now. QuickPull will request certain permissions on first run. To grant these permissions, simply click Menu > Save. If you have an OS 5 build where enhanced security is forced on, you must set additional permissions in order to use QuickPull. You can determine if you have enhanced security forced on if you receive notifications to grant QuickPull "Trusted Application Status" or access to the Internet even though your Firewall is turned off under Options > Security Options > Firewall. Perform the following steps in order to correct this problem:

1. Go to Options > Applications
    2. Press Menu > "Edit Default Permissions"
    3. Set all three categories to "Allow"
    4. Menu > Save
    5. Do a real battery pull.

Now if this doesn't happen to work, um shoot the other guy, please.
    03-27-10 03:19 AM
    Use Quicklaunch, has the reset feature and more..........
    03-27-10 03:21 AM
    Sure, if ya wanna pay the 5 bucks to get it....sorry, not for me.
    03-27-10 03:31 AM
    I had problem with mine on a OS4.6 too, sometimes, it just doesn't work and shows me a white screen. I just did a battery pull/
    03-27-10 03:41 AM
    Use Quicklaunch, has the reset feature and more..........
    GREAT I have QL and it's perfect !
    Thank you for the wonderful tip ....I should have taught of that
    04-29-10 03:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD