Tetherbridge mis is on app world for free. It's not the quickest but whatcha expect for free? I'm posting this because I've seen people looking to tether quite often, and unfortunately for SpringPCS users it's no longer offered (plus this is free) so I'm passing along the good news!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-10 05:45 PM
    Thanx!!!I'm going to try it out!!!
    07-30-10 06:40 PM
    i think it's gone
    07-30-10 06:47 PM
    [QUOTE=b00k3;5402814]i think it's gone[/QUOTE

no its not gone.
    07-30-10 06:49 PM
    Tetherbridge mis is on app world for free. It's not the quickest but whatcha expect for free? I'm posting this because I've seen people looking to tether quite often, and unfortunately for SpringPCS users it's no longer offered (plus this is free) so I'm passing along the good news!

where do you get license key and how do you connect to laptop?thanx
    07-30-10 07:11 PM
    The free version is significantly scaled back from the paid version.
    07-30-10 07:16 PM
    Use the blackberry usb cord and when its plugged in goto the APP and press start from the menu

07-30-10 07:58 PM
    careful, watch your bills. tethering is easy, not getting billed for extra data is a different story. You can rack up a large bill very fast. I used an air card today for work (3G) and used 500MB of data rather easily. Luckily for me (:0), it is all free.
    07-30-10 08:54 PM
    i have unlimited data. sprint doesn't charge for data by use. i've used it for couple hours today and used about 2 gb of data and my online sprint account shows the usage but no charges. it counted as BIS to them because they don't know i think?
    07-30-10 10:42 PM
    careful, watch your bills. tethering is easy, not getting billed for extra data is a different story. You can rack up a large bill very fast. I used an air card today for work (3G) and used 500MB of data rather easily. Luckily for me (:0), it is all free.
    thanks for the tip.. i think i'll steer clear!
    07-31-10 02:56 AM
    Does this also work for macs? also i tried connecting the usb then turning on and nothing happened..
    07-31-10 08:44 AM
    i have unlimited data. sprint doesn't charge for data by use. i've used it for couple hours today and used about 2 gb of data and my online sprint account shows the usage but no charges. it counted as BIS to them because they don't know i think?
    More often then not, "unlimited data" is not really unlimited. There can be a 2-5gb cap depending on provider. Definitely wouldn't do too much without contacting your provider and asking if there is a cap on tethering usage. Finding out that your $70 bill is $800 this month can be startling to say the least.
    07-31-10 11:55 AM
    I contacted sprint to see about a data cap. They said I have no data cap for tethering because they don't provide it. If I had a 5gb cap on bb usage, I'd go over every month. Its all unlimited data for my plan.

07-31-10 06:04 PM
    [QUOTE=haymond;5402820]
    i think it's gone[/QUOTE

no its not gone.
    So where is it?? U have a link???

07-31-10 08:16 PM
    No I don't have a link!!I got it off app world!!I'm not using it anyway!!

07-31-10 08:19 PM
    don't use crapworld
    TetherBridge Download

explains all 3 versions + has download&OTA links..
    07-31-10 10:33 PM
    I am using Tetherbridge on the Torch and it works great. I got speeds in excess 1.2 mbps (just as fast as my dsl at home).
    08-24-10 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD