So I have both and have used both, but I found Viigo frequently did not update as quick as Free Range. Excluding the weather/sports/etc extra feeds (that I don't need since I have a very set number of RSS feeds I want), what incentive is there? I don't see much difference except memory usage on Viigo and a different layout.

Just wondering what others think.
    12-15-08 12:40 PM
    havent used free range but I like viigo a lot. You can track packages, have daily comic strips, have weather, track flights status (for when you go on trips.) I just think its an all around great tool. It is a little much if you want JUST rss feeds, but its good for those random times you need something like a flight status. Also, they will be releasing a podcast service soon which will allow you to listen to podcasts straight from there.
    12-15-08 03:39 PM
    havent used free range but I like viigo a lot. You can track packages, have daily comic strips, have weather, track flights status (for when you go on trips.) I just think its an all around great tool. It is a little much if you want JUST rss feeds, but its good for those random times you need something like a flight status. Also, they will be releasing a podcast service soon which will allow you to listen to podcasts straight from there.
    How do you get the comic strips to work?

I've been trying to get explosm to work on viigo
    12-15-08 03:55 PM
    Yeah, what's this about comic strips? Sounds pretty cool.
    12-16-08 12:54 AM
    I love viigo, haven't tried free range but I'm thinking about it. it's just gonna be a pain to look up all those feeds again... I've tried other ones but viigo is the most BB friendly IMO. as far as updates are concerned, that doesn't bother me because I check it once or twice a day. the only real negative thing I've heard about viigo, is the memory leak, but I haven't noticed much memory being lost from using it.
    12-16-08 02:44 AM
    I have free range and like it the most. I have tried viigo several times and keep deleting it because of the memory it uses. Every time I delete it, it frees up 4 to 5 MB. I do like all it's features, but not at the cost of memory.
    12-16-08 10:32 AM
    I have free range and like it the most. I have tried viigo several times and keep deleting it because of the memory it uses. Every time I delete it, it frees up 4 to 5 MB. I do like all it's features, but not at the cost of memory.
    I use freerange as well. It does everything I want without any issues. Plus it has great memory management as well.
    12-16-08 12:41 PM
    Viigo for me it is and will be. Seems that in FreeRange you can only have 10 channels.
    Viigo gives me all EU news, sync with my Google RSS Reader, all the weather and soccer (yeah!) updates in real time. Soccermatches from Spain, UK and Italy !!! The best feature in Viigo.
    Never had a problem with it. Well, one small inconveniaence I have to completely uninstall and re-install Viigo with every upgrade wheither it is a Viigo upgrade or my OS.
    12-16-08 04:58 PM
    Viigo for me as well. Realtime F1 feeds. World news and world weather.
    12-16-08 05:02 PM
    Viigo for me as well. Realtime F1 feeds. World news and world weather.
    How could I forget?.... F1 !!!
    12-16-08 05:10 PM
    How could I forget?.... F1 !!!
    How dare you. lol. I have a countdown timer going.
    12-16-08 05:34 PM
    Yeah, what's this about comic strips? Sounds pretty cool.
    news-add a channel-entertainment-comics. Hundreds to choose from.
    12-16-08 05:37 PM
    I used Viigo for a long time and gave free range a second look a while back.... and am still using Free Range. Nice app.... smaller too.
    12-16-08 07:28 PM
    I use FreeRange for all the stated reasons - less bulky, no memory loss, really only need RSS's. Some of Viigo's features are admirable. Even then, last time I checked, NHL scores weren't anywhere near real time & many were wrong. Those aren't the kind of extra features that are worth Viigo's bulk & problems.

That said, I keep trying Viigo and the one thing that ticks me off the most about it is that you can't scroll with space bar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 07:17 PM
    you guys should try out news gator mobile..................more feeds allowed than free range, and not a memory hog like viigo
    12-20-08 08:13 AM
    you guys should try out news gator mobile..................more feeds allowed than free range, and not a memory hog like viigo
    I thought NewsGator is by the same company as FreeRange. FreeRange is more fully featured. If you contact the company, they may open your acct up to allow more than 10 feeds.
    12-20-08 08:25 AM
    Heh. I'm amazed at you over-achievers with time/inclination to have more than 10 feeds found (and read!). I have only three news feeds on my Google mobile app and I'm always behind the power curve. Kudos to you!
    12-20-08 09:52 AM
    FreeRange gets my vote "hands down"! I have a particular RSS feed I like to keep up with. When I woul load it on Viigo, I would receive, initially, about 4 month old stuff, delete those and that was it...nothing more from that particular feed, others worked OK...but this was my favorite feed. Installed FreeRange, loaded same feed there, and it is perfect, and fast, and not as much of a memory appetitie. FreeRange > Viigo !!

Viigo OUT...FreeRange IN !!
    12-20-08 11:27 PM
    Tried downloading it but it kept saying my gmail account was invalid... So gave up on it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 12:17 AM
    For me viigo was just easier to use. I have been on the private beta since it started and I love it. But that is just me.
    12-21-08 12:33 AM
    Just wondering? Am I the only person who has not had any memory issues with viigo? I mean all I hear about on cb in regards to viigo is that it is a memory hog. I have not had this problem. 25mb free and no leak ever
    12-21-08 12:38 AM
    I read another thread today about how Viigo was a memory hog but I had never really noticed it as my file free has always been pretty high. I wanted to see how much it was taking up in my case so I did a battery pull then checked my file free. I then deleted Viigo, did another battery pull and when I re-checked my file free it was about 6mb's higher, however this never really caused me any issues because as I stated earlier my file free stays pretty high (over 40 mb). One thing that has annoyed me lately on Viigo is that I have been getting quite a few duplicate feeds, sometimes 3 or 4 copies of the same feed. I can't comment much on freerange as I have never tried it but I think I may give it a try.
    12-21-08 01:37 AM
    Just wondering? Am I the only person who has not had any memory issues with viigo? I mean all I hear about on cb in regards to viigo is that it is a memory hog. I have not had this problem. 25mb free and no leak ever

I noticed a small memory leak before, but with the update to built 446 they addressed the issue.
    12-21-08 02:14 AM
    Heh. I'm amazed at you over-achievers with time/inclination to have more than 10 feeds found (and read!). I have only three news feeds on my Google mobile app and I'm always behind the power curve. Kudos to you!
    the more the better, especially when you'll be on the throne for a while.
    12-21-08 02:15 AM
    I just like Viigo the best, my opinion...
    12-21-08 02:36 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD