As one of the few geeks using the BlackBerry, I thought it would be useful to view and edit code on the move. So I give you TextWarrior, a text editor that is free in cost and source!

You can download it from Mobihand or Handango. mobihand.com/product.asp?id=84507&n=TextWarrior

This is just a preliminary alpha release, and is meant to gather feedback, suggestions and bug reports. That will decide what features I will implement next.

Currently, only syntax highlighting for C, C++ and Java is supported. Depending on demand, I might add support for other languages like HTML and Python. More info in the readme file in the download.

Oh, and for non-geeks, you can use it to edit regular text files on your memory card and device, with a nifty search panel as well.
    Last edited by MyopicMobile; 09-06-10 at 09:21 AM.
    09-06-10 01:32 AM
    I will check it out and give ya feedback asap, thanks for developing this app.

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-10 02:06 AM
    I get the following error when I attempt to download to my Tour (5.0.0.694):

Error: Invalid manifest or application descriptor:

The "MIDlet-Version" attribute is not a valid version number.
    Last edited by Xopher; 09-07-10 at 09:19 AM.
    09-07-10 09:16 AM
    Thanks for pointing that out. I have changed the version number to a more friendly format. The download should work now.
    09-07-10 10:26 AM
    I've got to work with it a bit and I have to say I like it. I couldn't see doing a lot of development through it, mainly due to the small screen size of my Tour. I think if I had a Storm2, it would work a lot better for me.

But, for having a simple way to edit and view source code (including syntax highlights), it can definitely come in handy when away from the computer. So far, it displays everything very well.
    09-30-10 09:19 AM
    Looking forward to HTML/PHP additions to this program. Then, I would just need to get myself a good free ftp BB client.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-30-10 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD