Does anyone know of a good free pdf reader app? I really don't want to spend the money, if I don't have to.
    08-22-10 08:39 PM
    I don't think there's a free one. But you can use the docs to go pdf reader for free for 30 days with the trial.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 10:30 PM
    Thanks. That may be the route I take if I am unable to find a freebie. It's hard to believe that with all the free apps out there, no one has thought to release a free standalone pdf reader.
    08-23-10 04:07 AM
    BlackBerry devices have basic PDF support included. You just have to e-mail the PDF to yourself and open the attachment. It only works from e-mail, though. It doesn't support all PDF features, but it's free.
    08-23-10 06:37 AM
    Thanks, but I tried that. The pdf file I have is too large, and therefor won't allow me to send it via email. I currently have it stored on my sd card, but when i go to open it, it of course can't be read. The search continues, but thanks for your suggestion.
    08-24-10 01:28 AM
    You can use pdf to go reader.

There is a work around to transform the trial version to a unlimited time version.

In fact you just have to change the date of you phone(for example if we are the 08/25/10 you can apply the 08/25/15), after that you instal the application and after you rechange the date of your phone.

And now your trial version will work during 5 years witout problems.

If you have already instal the reader, you can't apply the work around.
    You will wait to reinstal the OS and apply it.

Sorry for the english but I'm french
    Last edited by k2tm; 08-25-10 at 04:49 AM.
    08-25-10 04:44 AM
    Thanks for the tip...great info!
    08-25-10 12:10 PM
    you are welcome!
    08-26-10 03:13 AM
    I use mobi pocket reader. I download pdf files and then I also downloaded mobipocket creator to make the pdf compatible with the device.

I send the compatible form (3 files) to my blackberry and move files under ebooks.

It took me awhile to figure this out but love using my blackberry to read at night in bed!!
    08-26-10 10:13 AM
    Thanks for the help guys. A friend was able to help me out. I appreciate the recommendations. If I am unhappy with what I am currently using now, I will try one of your suggestions. Again, thanks to all of you!
    08-26-10 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD