Our most popular app, Call Blocker Pro, has just underwent a MAJOR rewrite and is now the most feature rich call blocker on the market!

Here are some of the many changes we have made:

• We now run inside the Options menu to provide more consistency.
    • A quick-enable/disable app icon is now added, and changes text and icon based on whether Call Blocker Professional is active
    • Back up and restore from SD card! Don't lose your settings when you upgrade OSs!
    • New Timer Mode allows you to automatically enable and disable Call Blocker Professional at whatever time you want
    • Exclusions (white list) to allow you to allow certain numbers through regardless of other rules (e.g. you can have Block All on, but still allow family members)
    • Online help and support page for up to the minute support (Not yet written, but you guys are power-users! If you have feedback on what you would like to see in the help, let us know here.)
    • Ability to block Private and Unknown numbers separately
    • Refresh of options page for better usability
    • New name--Call Blocker Professional (okay, fine, that's not a feature )

In order to make sure it is ready for prime time, we need your help! Here is what you can do:

1. Download the version for your device
    2. Post your findings here

That's it!

Download Links
    4.7+ (Storm, Storm2, Bold, Bold 9700, Tour, Curve 8900)
    4.5+ (Curve 8800 and 8300 series)

Please keep in mind, this is a PRE-RELEASE BETA app, and may have bugs. We will do our best to fix anything you find quickly, but please bear with us.

The beta will disable itself around midnight, December 7th. At that time, we will either release an updated beta, or have the final version ready to go!
    12-06-09 05:06 PM
    Thanks Epic

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 05:41 PM
    This is very cool I do like the easy menus and love the exceptions. I will buy one when I switch to a 9700

12-06-09 05:51 PM
    I also forgot to mention:
    - Now blocks calls even on Call Waiting
    - Now has a blocked call log with a list of every blocked call, reason, time and ability to call them back!
    12-06-09 06:36 PM
    Installed on my 9700 and did not see it under options. It showed the toggle icon, but nothing under options.
    12-06-09 08:08 PM
    Try closing the Options screen and opening it again, and if that doesn't work, try a restart.
    12-06-09 08:10 PM
    I currently have AddOnis, but it doesn't work correctly. Should I uninstall before I download Call Blocker? Ah the heck with it, I'll uninstall.

12-06-09 08:22 PM
    I currently have AddOnis, but it doesn't work correctly. Should I uninstall before I download Call Blocker? Ah the heck with it, I'll uninstall.

No idea, but let me know how it goes.
    12-06-09 08:24 PM
    Hmm...seems like a good idea for those damn debt collectors I'll give it a try.
    12-06-09 08:25 PM
    Sounds like a very useful program. Downloading it now and will try it out! Thanks.

12-06-09 08:43 PM
    This works!!! How do I access the options menu? I have to go to tools<Call Blocker Professional to edit. Is that correct? Also when I tried to add a number from my call log, it didn't work. I had to go to tools<Call Blocker Professional to manually add. Am I doing it wrong? BTW glad to find a call blocker that really works.

12-06-09 08:50 PM
    Doesn't work on the bold. Did not appear in the option menu as someone else also mentioned.

12-06-09 08:52 PM
    Doesn't work on the bold. Did not appear in the option menu as someone else also mentioned.

Try a restart. Can you guys confirm a restart is needed? I know on my 5.0 Tour it is not.
    12-06-09 09:06 PM
    This works!!! How do I access the options menu? I have to go to tools<Call Blocker Professional to edit. Is that correct? Also when I tried to add a number from my call log, it didn't work. I had to go to tools<Call Blocker Professional to manually add. Am I doing it wrong? BTW glad to find a call blocker that really works.

That's correct. What was the issue when adding from call log?
    12-06-09 09:06 PM
    Try a restart. Can you guys confirm a restart is needed? I know on my 5.0 Tour it is not.
    I did try a restart, doesn't work.

I see you have the bold listed as 4.7. I am running 4.6. 0.282.

12-06-09 09:20 PM
    I did try a restart, doesn't work.

I see you have the bold listed as 4.7. I am running 4.6. 0.282.

What do you mean doesn't work? Does the icon show up? Do you see it in the Options screen?
    12-06-09 09:21 PM
    What do you mean doesn't work? Does the icon show up? Do you see it in the Options screen?
    Nothing in the options menu.
    Toggle icon shows up in the downloads folder. When I click it, it shows an error - sorry don't remember what it was

I changed permissions to allo all. Rebooted and still nothing. So I deleted the app.

12-06-09 09:27 PM
    Toggle icon shows up in the downloads folder. When I click it, it shows an error - sorry don't remember what it was

I changed permissions to allo all. Rebooted and still nothing. So I deleted the app.

Does anyone else with a Bold have a similar experience?
    12-06-09 09:47 PM

Also, can you try the 4.5 version? Shouldn't matter but I would be interested.
    12-06-09 11:48 PM
    I'm using OS is 5.0.0.238 on my Bold. The icon did show up in my downloads so I moved it to my home screen.

12-07-09 03:55 AM
    You should change the bold to 4.5+ since 5.0 is no yet official. Maybe put an asterix next to it.

After downloading this version it shows up in the options screen. Now I will test if it works.

Thanks

12-07-09 05:30 AM
    This still works for me with no problems. After I did a battery pull, I am now able to add numbers from my call log. Awesome app!!

12-07-09 06:31 AM
    It is working great on my 8350i.
    12-07-09 09:01 AM
    Great news guys! Any feature requests or things not clear?
    12-07-09 11:51 AM
    Has this already been disabled or were we limited to the number of blacklist numbers we can test? It stopped working at 6:15 EST.

12-07-09 07:48 PM
159 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD