Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • amAze GPS

28 17.07%
  • Life In Pocket

67 40.85%
  • Poynt + Google Maps

69 42.07%
    Like Tiffanyjon stated, Amaze GPS version 5 is no longer free.. It comes with a subscription.. You can still download version 4.5 for free..
    11-16-09 05:32 PM
    I have Amaze 4.5 and like the Navagation portion, but hate the input method. It definitely takes some time to just add an address. I have been waiting for an update, but won't pay a monthly subscription for it.

I just downloaded the new Life in Pocket. I love the input method and other features, especially linking to contacts, but hate the navigation. It still has a delay when speaking out the directions and is kind of annoying with how many times it speaks out directions (ie: Turn right in 1 mile, half mile, 500 feet, now).

BBMaps is cool, but no spoken directions.

When are we getting Google navigation! That would end all of this and allow me to remove all of these!
    11-16-09 08:33 PM
    Wow. I've always been a Poynt user (and will probably continue to be for awhile - old habits die hard!) but the newest version of LifeinPocket really impresses me so far. I've only played with it a bit but I can definitely see myself making use of it going forward.
    11-17-09 05:22 AM
    I have both Amaze and life in a pocket since I 1st got my blackberry, and I actually like Amaze. Yes (Amaze) it did take someone time getting use to the interface but now I can use it with no problems. What I liked bout Life in a pocket is all the options (ie find cheapest gas stations, food, etc) but I found it not to accurate when giving directions (telling destination reached and Im nowhere near it) However I do use both still just I use amaze more.
    11-17-09 10:52 AM
    Anyone get amaze 4.5 to work on a 9550?
    11-17-09 03:22 PM
    So before I remove LifeInPocket once again, I decided to try it again. I still have 2 problems with it.

The first, is there still seems to be a delay in the spoken directions. It isn't as bad as it used to be, but it's still there. On that same note, it tells you that you reached your destination about 1/2 a mile before you actually get there!

The second is that I can't control the volume. Can someone tell me how to lower the volume on the Storm? I don't see anything in the options and the volume rocker doesn't seem to respond. Any thoughts?
    11-21-09 06:55 AM
    LifeinPocket is a new app for me. I like what I see so far. Pretty easy to set up and I like how easy it is to pull addresses from your address book. I haven't used the turn by turn direction yet but I will give it a try.

I could never get amAze to work right and it was very hard to set up and use. But that may have been user error on my part. It did not last long on my phone.
    11-21-09 04:29 PM
    I signed up for lifeinpocket but they didn't send me a Storm download link. Does anyone have a link so that I can try this out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 05:00 PM
    Downloaded lifeinpocket for both mine and my wife's phone and we like what we see so far. tomorrow we will be taking it out on the road for a test run to grandma's house. we will report back our findings.
    11-26-09 12:58 AM
    After reading all these posts I downloaded & installed LifeInPocket. In starts up, but then it won't let me select anything in the opening menu - it basically just freezes. I'm using a Storm 9530 with Verizon.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem with this? Suggestions??

Thanks!

Bottlehead
    12-02-09 12:48 PM
    After reading all these posts I downloaded & installed LifeInPocket. In starts up, but then it won't let me select anything in the opening menu - it basically just freezes. I'm using a Storm 9530 with Verizon.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem with this? Suggestions??

Thanks!

Bottlehead
    1. Battery pull

2. Options>Applications>highlight (don't click) LIP

3. Hit BB button, disable compatability mode

Maybe another battery pull
    12-02-09 02:56 PM
    1. Battery pull

2. Options>Applications>highlight (don't click) LIP

3. Hit BB button, disable compatability mode

Maybe another battery pull

You're a genius - that fixed it -- thanks!
    12-02-09 03:24 PM
    lifeinpocket is a sweet APP. used it the other day and love the Navigation system. Its a NAV with voice guided direction. I was shocked when I first heard the voice because I was anticipating it to be like Googlemaps with just direction only. The voice app tells when to turn and right at the point of turning says "turn right now".

Using it also for local food spots, or any other type of facility is even better than my car gps because it is updated on a real time basis. This thing even directed me to the cheapest gas station for the day in question. In other words all specs are updated real time.

This one is a keeper. My car has a gps so not necessary to use it all the while, but my wife loves it since her car does not have gps system.

Thanks lifeinpocket you rock!!
    01-24-10 09:28 PM
    lifeinpocket is a sweet APP. used it the other day and love the Navigation system. Its a NAV with voice guided direction. I was shocked when I first heard the voice because I was anticipating it to be like Googlemaps with just direction only. The voice app tells when to turn and right at the point of turning says "turn right now".

Using it also for local food spots, or any other type of facility is even better than my car gps because it is updated on a real time basis. This thing even directed me to the cheapest gas station for the day in question. In other words all specs are updated real time.

This one is a keeper. My car has a gps so not necessary to use it all the while, but my wife loves it since her car does not have gps system.

Thanks lifeinpocket you rock!!
    Same here, but I am also amazed with those media features. It's an app that I cannot stop myself from talking about it all the time.
    01-25-10 11:45 AM
    I loved Poynt when I was in Canada - LOVED. Now I'm overseas, and it's frikkin hard living with a Storm that has no Poynt. But yeah, I guess GMaps it is for now.
    01-26-10 11:46 AM
    i use poynt
    01-27-10 10:52 AM
    tryed nav4all, amaze, google maps (love google maps but no turn by turn nav) and now life in pocket. life in pocket is by far easiest and best to use for nav! just enter address and hit navigate going to test it out tomorrow on my drive to work but so far just playing with it works good! nav4all and amaze blow dont like them at all
    01-27-10 04:20 PM
    i use google maps and poynt
    01-28-10 11:07 AM
    I just downloaded life in pocket, and far the apps is amazing. I would highly recommend it, it's way better than amaze gps.
    01-30-10 03:37 PM
    It won't work in a day.
    01-30-10 07:31 PM
    I just downloaded life in pocket, and far the apps is amazing. I would highly recommend it, it's way better than amaze gps.
    It won't work in a day.
    Hi Dankees,
    Almost all our users simply click to download and run with no issue. The Storm version is only 767 KB, uses small heap memory and no memory leak.
    Can you provide detail info or error message if any so we can help?

I am with RoadComm, Inc. the maker of LifeInPocket
    02-04-10 04:22 PM
    I like LifeInPocket and have a question. On the GPS why wont it show actual street mapping? I only see pointing arrow and it does give me turn by turn voice direction but it would be nice to see actual street map. Anyone?
    02-04-10 06:33 PM
    I like LifeInPocket and have a question. On the GPS why wont it show actual street mapping? I only see pointing arrow and it does give me turn by turn voice direction but it would be nice to see actual street map. Anyone?
    LifeInPocket navigation is designed for hands free and even eyes free operation. You can look at map first before starting nav if you are not accustomed to arrow mode. You can open both BB and Google Maps with any GPS location or address from LifeInPocket and use them as sub-apps.
    Moving maps offer user great visual experience but the device has to rely on the network to stream map constantly that means short battery life, slower and less reliable. Your device has to have reasonable data rate continuously in order for it to work. Isn’t it dangerous to stare at the map while driving?
    Moving maps also take longer to get route because BB has to load the map. We will turn on moving maps feature when cellular networks reach our reliability standard.
    It’s good enough to take you from point A to point B and to give you great convenience. For example, find a restaurant then press “Take me there” then the lady will guide you there by voice directions. It may take a little bit time to get use to but most of our users love it once they are familiar with it.
    Some of our users claim that they have LifeInPocket nav running at foreground and BB/Google Maps on GPS mode on the background then switch as they need. However, you should only do so when it won’t distract you from driving responsibility.
    For me, I rarely looking at maps, simply click and let the lady use voice to guide me there.
    Last edited by RoadComm Beta Team; 02-04-10 at 07:10 PM.
    02-04-10 07:06 PM
    Is there a way to make the local search get more results?If I click on search nearby businesses,I only get about 10 results in a 1 mile radius.I looked for a setting to change it to a higher radius but I don't see it.
    02-05-10 11:39 AM
    Is there a way to make the local search get more results?If I click on search nearby businesses,I only get about 10 results in a 1 mile radius.I looked for a setting to change it to a higher radius but I don't see it.
    The number of search results are not limited to 10. You should have up to 20 in your search result but the search engine would dynamically adjust that.
    What�s the search location and criteria you use?
    02-05-10 02:39 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD