Hello all, I downloaded the mobile app for my bold and went into the GPS section. In it I found a cool new program called Gokivo Navigator. It works just like ATT Nav/Verizon Nav and best of all its FREE! The data (maps/traffic) comes from NAVTEQ. It was very accurate in finding me and taking me home. I recommend it. It beats out Amaze and Nav4All by a long shot. Hopefully they will keep this free. Attached is a PDF that describes some of the features. Enjoy!

http://www.lbszone.com/index2.php?op..._pdf=1&id=4821

EDIT:
    Just bursted my own bubble. I think its a trial??? On the BB App store it says free, but when I go to Gokivo it says download your free trial? This totally blows if its limited freeness.
    Last edited by meblahyou; 04-04-09 at 11:59 AM.
    04-04-09 11:45 AM
    According to their FAQ, it is free to use until the end of May 2009, then you will have to purchase it from App World. No price announced yet.
    04-04-09 12:29 PM
    Try a searck on this forum for Telmap Navigator. It's free and works great. Nice GUI. Maps are Navteq and are downloaded over the air

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 02:11 PM
    Try a searck on this forum for Telmap Navigator. It's free and works great. Nice GUI. Maps are Navteq and are downloaded over the air

I use Telmap and it's great.
    04-04-09 02:53 PM
    Thanks, will take a look at it.
    04-04-09 03:04 PM
    WONDERFUL post!!! Thanks for the info!!
    04-04-09 05:03 PM
    Am the only one who can't seem to find this app in the app store? I have ATT and it says that you can use it on ATT on their website.

04-04-09 07:01 PM
    Do u have a link 4 TelMap? 4 some reason, I can't find it.

04-04-09 07:56 PM
    When I went to Telmap Navigator, it said it was free for 14 days and then you had to pay.
    04-04-09 09:23 PM
    Try this - http://global.telmap.com/tugpcbeta/

I had to choose South Africa as my country when I registered. That will give you an English version.

I got the info here - http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/tel...31/index3.html

I'd read through that thread a bit.
    04-04-09 11:43 PM
    Cool, do I have to provide my real telephone #? Any idea how long this has been in beta or how much longer it will be free for? I could not find any other information on it on their site.

Thanks!
    04-05-09 12:02 AM
    question

I downloaded Telmap and when i go to map me or try to map a location out it prompts me that - location is temporarily unavailable and i need to go to an open location????

My 3G is running fine and everything, I'm confused. Are my settings supposed to be set different or something?
    04-05-09 05:48 AM
    Do all the gps programs use BIS?

04-05-09 05:51 AM
    question

I downloaded Telmap and when i go to map me or try to map a location out it prompts me that - location is temporarily unavailable and i need to go to an open location????

My 3G is running fine and everything, I'm confused. Are my settings supposed to be set different or something?
    Well I answered my question regarding the free part, it is valid for one year as beta tester. To answer your question, make sure you are outside with a clear view of the sky. I tested mine indoors and it didn't work
    04-05-09 09:28 AM
    Well I answered my question regarding the free part, it is valid for one year as beta tester. To answer your question, make sure you are outside with a clear view of the sky. I tested mine indoors and it didn't work
    Yea, as long as you are outside or in the car it picks up location quickly.
    04-05-09 10:04 AM
    Oh ok yeah I tested it outside, it works good. The only thing is, does the "3D map" work well because it was looking slightly "bootleg" lol...
    04-05-09 10:15 AM
    Telmap navigator is basically mapquest navigator for anyone that has used that one

04-05-09 10:27 AM
    Oh ok yeah I tested it outside, it works good. The only thing is, does the "3D map" work well because it was looking slightly "bootleg" lol...
    The 3D map works great. It's very detailed and has every single road on it.

The only thing I wish it had that I can't seem to find is when you have a route loaded and are following it on the 3D map, you can't search for a point of interest nearby, you have to back out and then go into the Directories.

But besides that, I really like it for a free app.
    04-05-09 10:53 AM
    I downloaded AMAZE and I thinks it is free but I saw some "ads" tabs so I presume in the future this ads will pay for the service.
    04-05-09 11:11 AM
    Yes I'm actually really impressed with it. Only thing is when the lady speaks to give you directions her voice is really low. Is there anyway to turn her up? Anyone else experience this problem?
    04-05-09 12:14 PM
    Just downloaded telmap and first impressions are its good. TomTom was the one thing i missed from my last WM phone so having this is great.

Going out later so will give it a proper go then.
    04-05-09 12:20 PM
    Yes I'm actually really impressed with it. Only thing is when the lady speaks to give you directions her voice is really low. Is there anyway to turn her up? Anyone else experience this problem?
    I haven't figured out a way to get her any louder. And I also plugged in my earbuds and she didn't play through them, it was still through the speaker. I'd like to know if there is a setting somewhere to make that sound play through the headphone jack. I had just assumed that any sound coming out of the BB speaker would change to the headphones whenever they are plugged in.

But yea, if you have the radio on or even if it's off and you are driving down the highway it is hard to hear.
    04-05-09 01:40 PM
    What I did was hook up my bold through the AUX port and then I heard her loud and clear.
    04-05-09 02:33 PM
    What I did was hook up my bold through the AUX port and then I heard her loud and clear.
    Aux port of you car? Or is there some kind of other port on the Bold besides the headphone jack that I'm not aware of?
    04-05-09 02:36 PM
    So I used the navigator and it does work great especially for being free! Only thing though is the ladys navigation voice is very low, making it very difficult to hear on noisy roads/freeways. Is there a way to turn up the voice volume and is anyone else experiencing this issue?
    04-05-09 02:41 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD