Hello fellow users and abusers.

I just went golfing at Rebel Creek yesterday, near Waterloo, Ontario. My dad who I went with said that his friend had been using a golf GPS application the last time he went with him. I then quickly pulled out my BlackBerry 8830, and Googled ‘free blackberry GPS golf application’, and voila! This golf application came up. I downloaded it, and by the end of the 2nd hole we were enjoying the bennefits:

• getting exact measurements to the middle, center, and end of the green.
    • View where different mid points on the course you're playing are.
    • Walk to your shot, save your location - stores, and tracks how long your swings are

Then I got to work this morning after leaving some feedback for the developer, and hey, what do you know, he works with me! Credit goes to Justin who just wants this to be available for free. There is a walk through on how to add your the courses that you go to, as I'm sure not every BlackBerry user is in Waterloo . Thank you so much for designing it Justin!

For course management, the app was great. Nothing to fancy…but just what a golfer needs.

bbgpsgolf.com

Brian Wall
    Last edited by brianwall; 04-28-09 at 01:57 PM.
    10-15-08 09:13 AM
    I loaded this up to give it a look, and at first glance it's pretty cool. I had one concern, though: I loaded a random course and went through some holes just to get a feel for the interface, and on holes that were "busy" (a lot of stuff to watch) the green location lines scrolled off the top of the screen. None of the usual methods to scroll back down seemed to work, so the green information was lost. Is there a way around this? Thanks!
    10-29-08 10:45 AM
    its look pretty cool i'm gonna have to play around with it. also heres the direct link incase anyone else whats to check it out BBGPSGolf - A Free Golf GPS application for the BlackBerry smartphone
    Nocontact likes this.
    10-29-08 10:52 AM
    The developer added a nice interface that has google maps embedded into the site that lets you graphically map the course right on the site. I'm liking this better than GolfTraxx and it is truly free.
    01-08-09 04:01 PM
    I loaded this up to give it a look, and at first glance it's pretty cool. I had one concern, though: I loaded a random course and went through some holes just to get a feel for the interface, and on holes that were "busy" (a lot of stuff to watch) the green location lines scrolled off the top of the screen. None of the usual methods to scroll back down seemed to work, so the green information was lost. Is there a way around this? Thanks!
    I neglected to follow up on this: I e-mailed the developer and the simple fix was to reduce my default font size by one. Worked great.
    01-09-09 08:57 AM
    What version should I download for the bb bold? Any help would be very appreciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 01:26 AM
    Now that the snow has melted might be able to give this a try... Thanks to the developer and the poster...

01-11-09 01:46 AM
    i'm gonna have to try this out. thanks for the post.
    01-11-09 01:58 AM
    Looked this over, and it seems that it will work OK. Just wondering if there are any plans for this to organize courses better. Wow... one long list sorted by name is a pain now, wait until there are a lot of courses there!
    01-29-09 07:28 AM
    you can press a keyboard button to at least get to the start of that letter. then you still have to scroll to the course
    02-05-09 03:06 PM
    i have BB curve from Bell Mobility... do i have to subscribe to GPS Nav for this to work?
    02-06-09 09:13 AM
    RS mirror

h't't'p://rapidshare.com/files/198097489/BBGPSGolf.zip
    02-14-09 01:12 PM
    i have BB curve from Bell Mobility... do i have to subscribe to GPS Nav for this to work?
    If you are on Bell then it should work. I think only Verizon has the GPS locked down. You should upgrade to 4.5 handheld code tho for the best results.
    03-17-09 09:06 AM
    I thought VZW enabled GPS recently in order to get the Storm. Now I try this app (which looks so cool) and it tells me GPS is not supported. What gives?
    04-10-09 02:30 PM
    how do I get the module Net_rim_xml_org to run this app?
    04-12-09 12:10 PM
    you need to be running 4.3 HH code or higher. I find 4.5 works the best.

Ash
    04-12-09 04:02 PM
    this sounds pretty cool thanks for sharing!
    04-12-09 04:38 PM
    Will the GPS also work with the google phone?
    08-18-09 06:34 PM
    Will the GPS also work with the google phone?
    If it was designed to work on a BB--then, no.
    08-18-09 06:40 PM
    I thought VZW enabled GPS recently in order to get the Storm. Now I try this app (which looks so cool) and it tells me GPS is not supported. What gives?
    I think VZW GPS is just unlocked for the blackberry map app and VZW navigator app.
    08-18-09 07:52 PM
    I just downloaded this and must say I am excited. I live in BFE Missouri and both of the local municipal (was a cow pasture) courses are listed.

08-18-09 08:04 PM
    I downloaded this and get the "GPS error not enabled, that sucks" error. My GPS works fine with the BB Maps. Any suggestions?

I have the v4.5.0.131 OS on Verizon with an 8330 curve.
    08-25-09 09:44 AM
    On the curve 8330 the app that let's you use the gps is bb maps. No 3rd party apps will work with the gps.

08-25-09 11:13 AM
    Boosted,
    How come it works on the Tour and Storm but not on the Curve? Do you have to connect to their PDE?
    09-21-09 03:12 PM
    Good morning all.
    Ive been trying to DL the app and i have run into some problems. Ive tried the bbgps site (v1.0.18) as well as the link in the posting. Both times i get an error about changing a setting in TCP. UH ????

for rogers
    Gatteway IP: 208.200.67.150
    Port: 9201
    APN: blackberry.net

but im not sure what i need to enter onto the BB

Please Helppppppppppppppppppp !?!?!?!?!
    10-08-09 10:02 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD