I'm looking for an app where I can put in my mileage, and how much gas I got, ans possibly even the price, and it tells me avg gas mileage, and price per mileage, and just average it out over the lifetime of the vehicle??? Shouldn't be too hard, but I don't program, and stuff....any ideas if there is one, and if there is one that is storm compatible??

Thanks
    02-25-09 01:18 PM
    this would be great for me, too!!!
    02-25-09 01:20 PM
    This BB can do just about everything
    02-25-09 01:51 PM
    i like the fuel log book on gasbuddy.com

looks like they have an iPhone app now, wonder if someone will write a BB one.
    02-25-09 02:10 PM
    That would be cool!!
    02-25-09 02:23 PM
    its called the calculator application.
    plug in your miles driven... then divide by how many gallons you filled up with..... PRESTO!
    02-25-09 02:59 PM
    Lol....seriously....
    02-25-09 03:11 PM
    Oh wait... I must have missed where my calculator app tracks previous calculations and then can show an average or the difference between highway and city.
    02-25-09 03:21 PM
    already asked.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ap...racker-159308/
    Last edited by dibs ODDJOB; 02-25-09 at 05:05 PM.
    02-25-09 05:03 PM
    Sorry...didn't see that! :P
    02-25-09 09:22 PM
    My car already does that for me and displays it below the speedometer...

It's no BMW or Cadillac either.

Mustang power.
    02-25-09 09:26 PM
    I have been working on an app to do exactly this! Once I get my RIM signing keys I will be releasing it!
    02-25-09 09:28 PM
    I have been working on an app to do exactly this! Once I get my RIM signing keys I will be releasing it!
    You'd make serious money if you had it use the GPS to track how far you've traveled and get a more accurate calculation of your gas mileage. If you had the means go further into it and have it suggest routes that could save you more gas based off of traffic reports, speed limits and how many often you have to slow down and accelerate. (based on previous trips)

But I realize now im talking about an app that would take a team of highly skilled developers and the knowledge of a mathematician.
    02-25-09 09:41 PM
    Kewl...pm me when it's done, and if ya need a beta tester I'll do it for ya!!!
    02-25-09 09:45 PM
    i really hate these threads and apps like "tip calculator"

Did you guys graduate 3rd grade?

to calculate your mileage, look on your odometer. Divide that number by the gallons you get. THat is your mileage per gallon

Simple, done.

As for tips, divide and multiply by 1.15 and that is how much you owe. How easy is this?
    02-25-09 09:55 PM
    i really hate these threads and apps like "tip calculator"

Did you guys graduate 3rd grade?

to calculate your mileage, look on your odometer. Divide that number by the gallons you get. THat is your mileage per gallon

Simple, done.

As for tips, divide and multiply by 1.15 and that is how much you owe. How easy is this?
    No **** sherlock...I want one that will keep an average over time, and cost per mile...I can do it myself, but it's much easier to put in my mileage, amount of gas, and cost per gallon, and it tells me my avg MPG, avg cost per mile, and all that!
    02-25-09 10:09 PM
    No **** sherlock...I want one that will keep an average over time, and cost per mile...I can do it myself, but it's much easier to put in my mileage, amount of gas, and cost per gallon, and it tells me my avg MPG, avg cost per mile, and all that!
    Exactly Friz. In addition, if you keep a record of your gas mileage and you notice a sudden decrease you'll know something's wrong with your vehicle right away.

If you're not interested in an application that can do this, troll someplace else.
    02-26-09 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD