I'm trying to find a free ftp app in order to access my home computer (that half works), but everything is payware it seems.
    Help? and it should be too hard if one iuses this i think: nsftools - Java FTP Tips
    07-01-10 02:50 AM
    I would stay away from FTP. Very unsecure protocol.
    07-01-10 08:24 AM
    How about SMB then? Or should i just try to figure out how to set up a HTTP server on my Mac?
    Last edited by grahamf; 07-01-10 at 12:13 PM.
    07-01-10 12:10 PM
    I would stay away from FTP. Very unsecure protocol.
    heh..not entirely true.
    sftp/ftpes etc are perfectly fine. also, he's ftping from his bb. it's not like he's transferring anything that secure nor is anyone going to sniff any of his data he's transferring(highly unlikely anyway)

padersync is a good ftp client for bb, but i also think an app for this protocol should be free anyway
    07-01-10 12:24 PM
    I gave up on finding a decent free ftp app and started using HFS. Its a little http based file server that runs on your desktop. Has a couple of iPhone templates that work well enough for a blackberry.
    You could try Rove Mobile File Manager if you can find a copy. It was freeware but its discontinued. It doesn't work well on my 8530, but worth a shot. It does webdav and ftp/sftp, and a couple other protocols if you're on BES.
    Last edited by sickboy719; 07-01-10 at 03:05 PM.
    07-01-10 03:02 PM
    cool. at least you found a semi-alternative workaround. highly doubt there will ever be a free ftp client for the bb tho =(
    07-01-10 03:11 PM
    Searched the forums for an FTP suggestion, came across this thread and figured I'd chime in. BeFTP works and is free.

Was able to touch my server via IP and also resolved name. Worked with both standard port, as well as 'obscure' port servers. Worked with WiFi.

Good luck and enjoy.

-t
    09-24-10 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD