I've been looking around for a FB Chat app recently, these seem to be the only free ones. I'm running on an 8330. Just brought it into the Sprint store 2 days ago to get the latest software update. I downloaded Nimbuzz and was happy to use AIM, Yahoo, Live, and Google chat, but for some reason my FB will not set up. I'm getting a "unsuccessful sign-in" notification. I've tried closing my main facebook app, restarting nimbuzz, rebooting the phone. So after my frustrations with this app, I found Palringo. This app isnt working for me at all. I made my Palringo account online as it suggests. I try signing into the app on my device and it says it is connecting... indefinitely.
    Anyone else share my problems with either app? Anyone know how to fix or if this is a normal problem?
    Last edited by minnesotagirly; 06-02-10 at 11:19 PM.
    06-02-10 11:05 PM
    Nimbuzz was fine for me until a few days ago. Palringo is a bit of a nightmare. They have a new beta out for testing but it still needs some work. I have been lucky enough to use it. I think that if you keep checking crackberry.com over the next couple of days your problem will be solved

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 06:14 PM
    I prefer IM+lite for fb chat.
    I like to have skype chat too, so I use Nimbuzz, but if you just want FB definitely check out IM+lite.
    06-03-10 07:14 PM
    Just want to throw this out there..- used nimbuzz for a while for fb chat. After a week or so of using it my fb account was hacked 3 times in less than a week. I did a little research and saw a few comments about nimbuzz leaking info. I immediately deleted it and haven't been hacked since. Could just be a coincidence but thought I would share

06-03-10 10:12 PM
    Just want to throw this out there..- used nimbuzz for a while for fb chat. After a week or so of using it my fb account was hacked 3 times in less than a week. I did a little research and saw a few comments about nimbuzz leaking info. I immediately deleted it and haven't been hacked since. Could just be a coincidence but thought I would share

how did you know it was hacked?
    06-04-10 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD