Hi guys

Most of my ebook library is in epub format. Any recommendations on some good epub-compatible ebook reader for blackberry? (My current model's 9800)

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 09:39 AM
    Kobi is the only epub reader I can think of for the BB but it does not allow local storage and retrieval of files. Only epubs through the kobi stores are supported.
    08-26-10 11:01 AM
    Oh I see. I guess my only option is to reformat them as I read them through mobipocket. It's kind of sad. Someone should remedy this...

08-26-10 12:53 PM
    You can also use an app called Caliber to convert files to other ebook formats (ePub, eReader, Mobi...).
    08-26-10 07:37 PM
    Calibre is a fantastic program. It will not only convert the files for you but place them in the correct directory on your card for MobiPocket to use.
    08-27-10 11:13 AM
    Thanks guys. Yeah I think my best choice is use calibre to convert the files. To be honest though I'm surprised blackberry doesn't have any native epub file reader given the size of its userbase.

08-27-10 12:59 PM
    Calibre is a fantastic program. It will not only convert the files for you but place them in the correct directory on your card for MobiPocket to use.
    I have a question regarding the Calibre software. I was just on their website checking it out and I did not see where it supports blackberry devices. If it does not support BlackBerry, how does it place the file on you card for MobiPocket to use?
    10-01-10 08:49 AM
    it places them in the eBooks folder on the SD card. At least for the Bold 9000.
    10-01-10 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD