Hi,

I am aware of a number of Free English Dictionary applications out there but i was looking for anyone to give any suggestions from experience on which ones were the best to go for. I hear there are a few that eat a lot of memory.

Thanks

Tobster
    03-20-09 08:55 PM
    I use a dictionary all the time, but I don't have an app - I just have a site bookmarked that I really like.

Online Dictionary: definitions by WordNet, Webster's, etc. - dictionary.die.net
    03-20-09 10:04 PM
    I'm not sure if it's an ATT thing, or a Bold thing.. But from the "Go to..." page, under the address bar, there's a search option. I can search either Google, Wikipedia, Live Search, or Dictionary.com

I usually just do that instead.
    03-21-09 12:19 AM
    I use the free translator dictionary on crackberrys app store called bbtran. You can look up 50 words a day in the free version. Set the dictionary from english to french (some lang don't display definitions), and you'll get an english definition

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 12:30 AM
    I just used the bookmarked dictionary.com. Works great!
    03-21-09 01:17 AM
    +1 for dictionary.com.

Bryan
    03-21-09 05:14 AM
    I'm still looking for that english dict. application as well....somebody....pleaase help us...
    03-21-09 05:44 AM
    Does anyone know of a free dictionary that can be installed as an app? Using the web is too slow.
    04-06-09 03:51 PM
    I was just looking into this today - I don't really want an app but the built in search for dictionary.com goes to the normal website - the Bold renders the webpage fine but you have to zoom in to read anything.

Dictionary.com/Wireless

I tried the mobile site www.dictionary.com/wml but I got an error when trying to search.
    07-28-09 01:44 PM
    Barnes & Noble have a free ebooks, and it includes a free M-W dictionary. OTA from your Bold.
    Barnes and Noble Ereader Mobile Download
    07-28-09 02:00 PM
    +1 for dictionary.com.
    I agree with Bryan! the search is already there, it makes life super easy! (especially if you just hit G to get back to the goto page from anywhere)
    07-28-09 02:19 PM
    Where can I get dictionary application for curve 8900?
    I am aware of a number of Free English Dictionary applications out there but i was looking for anyone to give any suggestions from experience on which ones were the best to go for. I hear there are a few that eat a lot of memory.

Thanks

Tobster[/QUOTE]

05-30-10 05:05 AM
    Does anyone know of a free dictionary that can be installed as an app? Using the web is too slow.
    From BB App World:

BlackBerry App World - BlackBerry App World
    05-30-10 10:10 AM
    Any way to get the dictioinary.com app other than Appwod? I get device and carrier not supported after finding it via googling.

02-14-11 12:15 AM
    Thanks Matrix (sorry 'bout the typo; that's what happens when I use the physical KB).

I did find that link, and it installed fine, but the app isn't working for me. I get a "connection couldn't be established" error.
    02-14-11 11:39 AM
    I nid a free dictionary app
    11-26-11 02:34 AM
    Hers the donloadw
    09-16-12 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD