Hey guys,

does anybody of you know a free data traffic tracker? A friend asked me if I know a problem which logs and summarizes his data traffic. He has just 50 mb for free per month and he wants to know how much of his 50 mb is free.

Thanks and best regards
    -Matt
    10-13-10 03:28 AM
    You can try Mobile Data Alerter. It is free, will create logs for later viewing, and will let you know when you are at a customer pre-defined data value. You can also set it to automatically send an email when at the pre-defined data level, and it gives a list of applications which are currently using data, so you can kill a process if you wish. This is for roaming, home data use, as well as wifi use.
    e-office mobile - Mobile Data Alerter
    I hope this can help.
    Brad
    10-13-10 05:17 AM
    Hey Brad,
    pretty awesome, thank you so much for your link. That is exactly what I was looking for. I downloaded it and test it. Thanks.
    -Matt
    10-13-10 05:42 AM
    Hey Brad,
    pretty awesome, thank you so much for your link. That is exactly what I was looking for. I downloaded it and test it. Thanks.
    -Matt
    NP. If you haven't already figured it out, if you get a message to download a license... Do so. This will stop the nag screens and if not for business use, keep it free. You can add your customized alerts in your profiles menu, and set a reset counter date for when your monthly bill starts every month. You may also dig the icon color change for the visual alerts.

I have unlimited use on my plan, so it's not really needed per se' on my device, but I do use this just to see what I am actually using, and what app is gobbling up data at any given time, so I can kill it if I wish.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 10-13-10 at 05:58 AM.
    10-13-10 05:54 AM
    MDA is the best IMO, good choice!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD