Hi, I know I'm cheap but does anybody know where i can get a decent cycling computer application free? I've had a look on the app stores and they all seem to be paid apps. If there are no free apps can anyone recomend one of the paid apps? they all look a little basic, so I'm not sure if i can trust them to be accurate.
    07-26-10 02:43 AM
    I was looking for the same thing and came across these that I've downloaded but have yet to try. GPSed and SportyPal
    07-26-10 07:52 AM
    I can recommend BBSpeedOmeter. It's on sale for 2.50 in the CB app store right now.
    BBSpeedOMeter - Sports & Recreation BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    07-26-10 10:16 AM
    EveryTrail and GPSLogger are good.
    07-26-10 12:24 PM
    How about the free app called Endomondo? Not strictly cycling but cycling is one use. It tracks your route, speed, calories etc- and uploads to their website so you can look at all the details.

Hi, I know I'm cheap but does anybody know where i can get a decent cycling computer application free? I've had a look on the app stores and they all seem to be paid apps. If there are no free apps can anyone recomend one of the paid apps? they all look a little basic, so I'm not sure if i can trust them to be accurate.
    07-26-10 02:31 PM
    I can recommend BBSpeedOmeter. It's on sale for 2.50 in the CB app store right now.
    BBSpeedOMeter - Sports & Recreation BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    I second this one. I use it everytime I ride. Driving sometimes too!

Great app . . . you'll pay ten time or more for a bike computer that does the same thing.
    Last edited by johnling; 07-27-10 at 07:14 AM.
    07-26-10 04:59 PM
    Thank you for your suggestions guys. sportypal is ok but it seems to be going online when i don't really want it to.
    07-27-10 02:24 AM
    hey come on kuridit! give BBSpeedOMeter a chance! lol. I'm the developer of BBSpeedOMeter so i may be biased but i think its better than any of the free apps you'll find. There isnt a web side to it (yet), where you can upload your content, but that is on its way, and will never use your data plan without asking first (i think its in the t&c of the app stores that you cant put an app up that uses data without asking, but ive seen alot of apps do it).
    of the free ones tho i think sportypal is probably the best (best looking anyway). i think most of the free ones are designed to be carried in your pocket and just show time, distance and average speed. and some sort of map then when you get home. BBSpeedOMeter does all this but works at its best i think as an actual cyclo computer mounted to the handle bars. it has more functions than most of the free ones too like max speed, elevation, gradient, etc.
    Also theres a new version of BBSpeedOMeter comming soon, i'll be adding new features but any users who want an extra feature added in can just let me know and i'll put it in there if i think all users will like it, if not but its an easy thing to do i'll do up a quick personalised version.
    07-27-10 03:36 AM
    Just downloaded it now. Will try it out this weekend on some MTB riding. Will report back.

bt
    09-25-10 02:09 PM
    I can't find the app in BlackBerry World
    07-02-13 02:42 PM
    If anyone's in DC and off this 4th of July, The Bike Rack is having a early morning ride starting at 8 am. Speed and distance are TBD when we see who and how many show up.
    Oh and I'd invest in in one of the Garmin GPS watches. Everything is downloadable to your computer.
    Or a real cycling speedometer like Sigma.
    But it deepens on how and where you want to this info I guess.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 03:46 PM
    I used Endomondo.com for a few years, its a wonderful app and kept cycling interesting.

It's a free app too and lots of support, all my mates got on it and it became quite competitive, did 1500 miles all XC in my first year and that was with some time off for bad weather.

There is also Strava app which is nice but rather complex with data all over the place, Endomondo gets #1 vote for me.

I have since upgraded to a dedicated unit and gone with the Garmin Edge 800 and its more accurate than gps enabled smartphones but only just
    07-18-13 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD