The Oanda FXConverter is a free program that converts currencies in real time. Once you have downloaded the program, it's just a matter of dialling in the two different currencies and amounts you want to convert and the software does the rest.

There are 164 different currencies to choose from, and the currency rates remain fully up-to-date. It uses daily OANDA Rates®, the touchstone foreign exchange rates used by corporations, tax authorities, auditing firms, and financial institutions.

Requirements:
    Operating System 4.0.0 or later
    Recommended models: 7100, 8700, 8800, Pearl, Curve

Here for OTA install, point your BB browser to:
    Mobile Currency Converter for 164 Currencies

Here for screenshot running on an 8800 - the interface is clear and simple
    OANDA FXLabs - FXConverter Mobile
    Last edited by Berryman; 04-02-08 at 11:45 AM.
    03-24-08 08:21 AM
    03-24-08 09:00 AM
    Great - thanks for the link (it showed me I will not be visiting Europe for a long time!!!)
    03-24-08 09:05 AM
    Found this program through search .. thanks a lot!
    (I know its late, but who knew? )
    07-09-09 03:30 PM
    You can also just ggole a phrase "10 US dollars in egyptian pounds" or whatever other currency since you need internet access to find current exchange rate anyway
    09-10-09 01:36 PM
    As long as this thread floated to the surface again - used it over in Europe in June - worked well. I engaged the Verizon Global plan to keep data and phone charges down.
    09-10-09 09:19 PM
    I get rates from Bloomberg's free app (download thru BB Appworld). Didn't know until recently that you can change currency at top of column. Then use a calculator from there. The important thing is having the latest rates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 06:52 AM
    you can convert more than 70 currency rates at "convert4all.com"
    -------------------------------------------------------
    convert4all.com
    07-01-10 03:35 PM
    This is an old thread, but since someone dug it up, I would like to say that for anyone looking for a BB currency converter, XE has a wonderful app. Go to xe.com on your computer and look for the BlackBerry app. I think it is on App World also.
    07-01-10 03:51 PM
    I use CurrencyConverter Lite. It's free and got it from either BB App World or CB App Store.

Good Luck
    07-01-10 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD