I am transitioning from a palm (not phone capable) to my Curve and I REALLY miss my calendar. I have found a nice to do list replacment (rememberthemilk) but no luck on calendars yet. Essentially, I am a mom of 3, run my own small business, coordinate the wedding calendar for my church, and need to keep track of my sister's rotating shifts so I know when she can cover for me for appointments. So I really need the ability to track/overlay multiple calendars or at the very least be able to color code events (red for myself, purple for one child, orange for another, grey for my sister's schedule... and so on).

I am willing to pay for an app, but prefer not to and don't know how much I would be willing to spend either.

Thanks!!
    01-30-09 10:02 AM
    What's wrong with the Curve's calendar? I sync mine with Outlook and it alerts me in every way outlook does.
    01-30-09 12:45 PM
    I am transitioning from a palm (not phone capable) to my Curve and I REALLY miss my calendar. I have found a nice to do list replacment (rememberthemilk) but no luck on calendars yet. Essentially, I am a mom of 3, run my own small business, coordinate the wedding calendar for my church, and need to keep track of my sister's rotating shifts so I know when she can cover for me for appointments. So I really need the ability to track/overlay multiple calendars or at the very least be able to color code events (red for myself, purple for one child, orange for another, grey for my sister's schedule... and so on).

I am willing to pay for an app, but prefer not to and don't know how much I would be willing to spend either.

Thanks!!
    well if you have the BB desktop, you can migrate the palm info over to your BB, then if you want to go further, you can use a Google Calendar which you can have online your desktop, which syncs with your BB and you can also manage your contacts too. You could even establish an email address since you said you have a small business. Gmail calendar lets you do several color codes, national holidays, personal appointments, etc I use it to keep myself, my own business, and my two blackberries in sync,
    01-30-09 12:59 PM

Thanks!!
    oh and I forgot, its free.
    01-30-09 01:00 PM
    I believe the OP is looking for a way to show appointments in different colors to differentiate categories on the device.

Pocket informant allows this to some extent. I'd recommend the 14 day trial to see if you like it. It is the closest thing to datebook6 for palm that I have found for BB. It isn't as good but pretty close. 20 bucks for the full version. I am on the fence about buying it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 03:25 PM
    I do use a google calendar to track my daughter's schedule (along with her step-mom... it helps us make sure we are on the same page and whatnot), but I am not a big fan of it otherwise.

I am trying out pocket informant. I think it is what I was looking for, but will still be poking around on it during the trial.

Thanks!!
    01-30-09 11:21 PM
    I find the curve's calendar to be perfectly fine....why the need for something else?
    02-15-09 04:10 PM
    I find the curve's calendar to be perfectly fine....why the need for something else?
    Your Needs and her needs are different EyeCon, she needs more than a calendar.

Try this CatWiemann
    Agendus for BlackBerry - all-in-one personal information manager integrates and enhances the BlackBerry built-in calendar, tasks, and contacts

I use this along with my Outlook and works great FOR ME I sync my Outlook with Gmail and Gmail with my BB using Google Sync.

it's not free but it's one solution.

Good luck
    02-15-09 11:48 PM

Try this CatWiemann
    Agendus for BlackBerry - all-in-one personal information manager integrates and enhances the BlackBerry built-in calendar, tasks, and contacts

I use this along with my Outlook and works great FOR ME I sync my Outlook with Gmail and Gmail with my BB using Google Sync.

Good luck
    hey...I was just asking why

good to see you here from sprintusers!
    02-16-09 12:01 AM

Good luck
    hey, I got your PM, but I cant reply to it because I dont have 10 posts yet.

PM me your PIN and/or email and I'll reply via my blackberry right away.

Thanks.

PS: sorry for contributing nothing to this thread, I'll delete this post after.
    02-16-09 04:42 PM
    Hi - new BB user here Convert from Palm & I was NOT able to transfer files....I tired many times only to have the same result. I will try your suggestions too as I need an excellent calendar.
    08-05-09 10:59 AM
    You could also look at SBSH Calendar Pro for BlackBerry . It is still in beta but works pretty well and syncs with my google calendar. It is also free.
    08-05-09 11:54 AM
    I use Agendus for palm/Outlook and it serves me well. I know they also have Agendus 2.0 for bb.

The best thing about agendus is (when paired with the Outlook component) it does everything the other calendars do -- but also "links" meetings or tasks with a specific contact. This allows you to see prior meetings, tasks that are associated with a contact (or project) by viewing the history.

Both components, bb and outlook, total something around $50 but for someone who needs an excellent calendar, it is worth paying a little $.
    08-05-09 05:34 PM
    I am a former treo user. Enjoy my bb curve but long for my treo calendar. Only former Treo users understand. Any former Treo owner found a comparable calendar app?
    11-16-09 06:56 AM
    Pocket Informant is about as close as you can get.

It took about 2 months but I finally got used to the built in calendar. I only really miss the categories (for color coding).
    11-16-09 07:30 AM
    SBSH Calendar Pro v.1.0.2 update is available!
    This update solves controls and font size issue.
    02-15-10 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD