Just curious what apps/themes you would be willing to pay for if they weren't free. Tells you a lot of what's important to you on your BB.

(also, if you're willing, what would you pay for them?)

Here's mine:

Socialscope $8 (solid, solid)
    Poynt $5
    YouVersion Bible $5
    UberTwitter $5 (did already for the non-ad version)
    Pandora $5
    Bolt browser $5
    Any theme from Natemz $5
    Last edited by RatfinkStooley; 05-15-10 at 06:58 PM.
    05-15-10 06:55 PM
    BBNotepad - $5
    BBTran - $5
    YouVersion Bible - $10
    ScoreMobile - $10
    MaraTick - $5
    Themes - I have only bought one theme. Most are not worth the money IMO.

The vast majority of apps on my phone are paid apps (46 and I use them all
    almost everyday)
    05-15-10 07:23 PM
    Wow AG! You use almost all of your apps everyday? I'm impressed. I haven't paid for any apps nor would I ever. I also haven't paid for any themes. There are only a couple of apps I use daily and I wouldn't pay for them. I did have BBScanner until they switched to pay and when I upgraded my OS lost the free version. So now I don't have that either. I didn't use it every day anyway. I do IM+ nearly everyday but someone else paid for that. Just call me cheapskate.
    05-17-10 08:00 AM
    Cheapskate
    05-17-10 08:43 AM
    I don't think there any apps worth paying for, even the ones I use daily, though I have paid for a couple.We Blackberry apps cost too much for what they are IMO, keep them around a buck or 2 and there would be more buyers.

I've bought quicklaunch, showmetheimages,smart sig and a few others.
    Last edited by saukrateaz; 05-17-10 at 04:02 PM.
    05-17-10 08:50 AM
    We developers do not get paid a cut of your service or equipment fees.

I would pay $5 for Pandora without hesitation, especially if they got rid of the commercials although they aren't bad. Bolt, $3. iStockManager $3-5.
    05-17-10 03:44 PM
    We developers do not get paid a cut of your service or equipment fees.

I would pay $5 for Pandora without hesitation, especially if they got rid of the commercials although they aren't bad. Bolt, $3. iStockManager $3-5.
    I feel you, like I said, thats just my opinion. You devs work hard at what you do, and deserve your kick back, but im all about open source and keeping it free. Bloomsburg is worth a buck or 2 and so is pandora.
    05-17-10 03:56 PM
    I don't use a lot of free apps so there arnt a lot I can say. I do use ubertwitter but I also paid the $5 just to support the dev and make sure he keeps up the good work. I also donate $5 to natemz when I use his themes.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-17-10 03:57 PM
    Natemz themes are awesome! I think everyone who uses his themes should donate a couple bucks his way.
    05-17-10 04:04 PM
    Opera Mini
    AP Press
    Nimbuzz
    bbChecklist
    Google Voice
    Bolt
    Pandora
    Google Maps
    Mobipocket Reader
    bbweather
    iGallery
    Bluctrl

All excellent free apps.
    05-17-10 04:34 PM
    im all about open source and keeping it free.
    That could only work if my car mechanic also made his shop open, and the grocery store (just walk in and take what you need), and the electrician and carpenter, no more taxes to pay or electric bills... next thing you know, we'd all end up losing our reason to have initiative and crumble like a few countries I'm glad I wasn't in during the 90's.

It's surprising that browsers like Opera and Bolt are given away free, they must be making money somehow.

I would pay $1 for BerryWeather Free.

$3 for the convenience of the eBay app, and for just about any good sports news app.

$5 for something like BlackBerry Maps if it weren't already on the phone and Verizon weren't charging me $10/mo to be able to use it
    Last edited by LSphone; 05-17-10 at 10:57 PM. Reason: added
    05-17-10 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD