Has anyone had any luck in finding a free Bible App for the Storm...I loved the free YouReader app for the Curve but its not Storm compatible
    04-22-09 02:40 PM
    Check out Olive Tree.
    04-22-09 02:45 PM
    i havent found anything that works for the storm except for youversions mobile site m.youversion.com that works great for me
    04-22-09 02:59 PM
    If you have a data plan and like the NIV you can use Zondervan. It's slow but its free. This is actually my biggest regret about switching from Windows Mobile to bb. I had a great Bible program, many translations, commentaries, languages, etc., from Laridian. It was easy to use and navigate. Nothing I've seen for BB compares, and I've looked. So I use Beiks...

Zondervan Bible Search: Mobile
    04-22-09 03:26 PM
    I understand that YouVersion will work with compatibility adjusted.
    04-22-09 04:13 PM
    I have Olive Tree. It's great.
    04-22-09 04:19 PM
    It's not free but Beiks has a Storm version out in beta. Also have to pay for NIV but everyone charges for this version. I agree Laridian is best for WM but they actually sell Beiks/Noah for BB.
    04-22-09 04:23 PM
    It's not free but Beiks has a Storm version out in beta. Also have to pay for NIV but everyone charges for this version. I agree Laridian is best for WM but they actually sell Beiks/Noah for BB.
    You are right... they do have a Storm version in beta.
    04-22-09 04:40 PM
    I haven't found anything that I like that's free. I ended up buying Acrobible application for $10 bucks. I love it. It was worth the money.

I had the Youversion app but I couldn't use it when i didn't get coverage, i.e. on the train on the way to work. So I ended up having to carry my bible with me. I didn't want to do that cause I don't want to carry bags to work. So I manned up and bought the Acrobible app and I'm satisfied.
    04-22-09 05:06 PM
    I put the bible in my mobipocket reader....

Navigation is not too great but seems ok....
    04-22-09 05:12 PM
    i havent found anything that works for the storm except for youversions mobile site m.youversion.com that works great for me
    You can go to Blackberry Launchers scroll to the bottom to download the YouVersion app lancher...
    05-19-09 12:10 PM
    Yea, I use YouVersion. Havent found anything better yet...
    05-19-09 02:12 PM
    simplycomplex, youversion IS compatible with the storm... u gotta choose the Bold version

then go into options>advanced>applications and disable the compatibility.

It's not absolutely perfect, but works pretty good. You have to use it in Landscape mode, but I does work.
    07-31-09 03:20 PM
    Just browse over to biblegateway.com. Lots of translations as well.

I love it and you get to save app memory since you're just using the browser. Make sure you use their mobile page.
    07-31-09 11:56 PM
    I am using Olive Tree. The app is free and they have free translations and some translations you pay for. They also have study guide: again some are free and some you pay for. It works well for me.
    08-01-09 08:48 AM
    I found a website, its mbible.com, has many translations & is free
    08-01-09 08:54 AM
    An excellent find! Thanks!!
    08-01-09 09:26 AM
    I friggen hate paying for bible apps. the dam things should all be free.
    08-15-09 08:21 AM
    Wish they'd come out with an esword app for bb
    The Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
    Dave

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 04:19 AM
    Nice find thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.
    08-20-09 07:14 AM
    Has anyone had any luck in finding a free Bible App for the Storm...I loved the free YouReader app for the Curve but its not Storm compatible

I know I'm late but this is what I have on my Storm :-) I apologize but I can't remember where I found it. I actually think it was on the free apps section of Shopberry.
    08-20-09 07:22 AM
    Try download Alkitabku at BB AppWorld, klik http://bb.alkitabku.com from your BB Browser
    I use Torch and working perfectly, I think will also work for Storm.
    Last edited by daniellaeileen; 06-24-11 at 06:03 AM.
    06-24-11 12:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD