WeatherPeek is a free add-on app for BerryWeather/BeWeather. Assign it to a convenience button or add it to QuickLaunch for fast access to the home location's current conditions.

The popup will automatically dismiss after 5 seconds. Press the SPACE key to cancel the timer. Press any other key to dismiss it immediately.

BerryWeather/BeWeather 2.2 has to be installed on the device!

More details and download at www.bellshare.com • View topic - WeatherPeek now available!

04-12-10 06:16 PM
    Done and done.
    04-12-10 06:45 PM
    Would be nice to be able to refresh the "latest weather" when the WeatherPeek is displayed i.e. either by setting or BB key, perhaps even cycle through cities (or selected cities).
    04-12-10 07:03 PM
    Very neat! Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 07:06 PM
    So I am not trying to be a buzz kill (no pun intended) but don't most of us have the weather app on our home screen? Not sure how necessary this was- I could be wrong- what am I missing?
    04-12-10 07:11 PM
    Thanks a lot! I like this in my QuickLaunch.
    04-12-10 07:16 PM
    So I am not trying to be a buzz kill (no pun intended) but don't most of us have the weather app on our home screen? Not sure how necessary this was- I could be wrong- what am I missing?
    I got it in case I'm running a theme that does not have a weather slot.
    04-12-10 07:17 PM
    I got it in case I'm running a theme that does not have a weather slot.
    You don't need a weather slot if you are displaying on the wallpaper.

@phreddyl : This can also display the the weather when you are in other apps... (via QL or ShortcutMe)

I believe the utility would be useful if additional functionality is implemented over time (e.g. as I stated proposed above).
    04-12-10 07:25 PM
    But if you're going to put this in QL, wouldn't it be the same to just have BW there instead? If you did this from an app, holding the ESC button would return you to the app from which you came, wouldn't it?

And from Home Screen, you can just click W, providing you have Home Screen Dialing turned off.

I'm always up increased functionality and it does look cool from the screenshot.

Oh well, I guess that's why it's a free add-on. Just providing one additional way of doing the same thing.
    04-12-10 07:47 PM
    But if you're going to put this in QL, wouldn't it be the same to just have BW there instead? If you did this from an app, holding the ESC button would return you to the app from which you came, wouldn't it?

And from Home Screen, you can just click W, providing you have Home Screen Dialing turned off.

I'm always up increased functionality and it does look cool from the screenshot.

Oh well, I guess that's why it's a free add-on. Just providing one additional way of doing the same thing.
    That is kinda what I was thinking too- On crackberry we are always trying to find ways to boost our memory- not sure why I would add something on if its not really necessary. I am always up for a free app dont get me wrong- Just trying to figure out why I might need it- what am I overlooking
    04-12-10 07:52 PM
    Thanx i also use it in quicklaunch!!!!
    04-12-10 08:05 PM
    I like it. Let's add a function to flash up the 5 day forecast as an option. There are some great ideas that can come from this. Also, let's get an option to put the forecast on the home screen. Thanks.

04-12-10 08:09 PM
    If radar popup is an option, I'll install.
    04-12-10 10:03 PM
    I added it to my QuickLaunch, actually in a submenu, but assigned a shortcut key to it. Then, no matter what screen I am on, I just press the left convenience key and w to get the popup. Pretty keen.

04-13-10 05:21 AM
    Pretty handy. I did the quicklaunch thing as well. Setting it to a key would be a step quicker though. Hit p for WeatherPeek. that'd be cool if it was possible. Either way, good job guys
    04-13-10 05:42 AM
    I'm using the BerryWeather wallpaper and it's great. So I don't think this will be of use for me since I just touch my screen and the weather is there.

But I can see how it may be appealing to those using of wallpapers or if they don't have the BerryWeather on their home page.

Good Luck
    04-13-10 07:32 AM
    What's the difference between the berryweather "wallpaper" and a weather slot? I have 2 themes with weather slots and I use the default theme which doesn't have one. So I use WeatherPeek when I don't have a weather slot. It also comes in handy when I'm chatting or surfing the web and someone asks me or I want to know the temp.

04-13-10 08:44 AM
    How do I put BeWeather as my wallpaper? and can it be done with the Free version?
    04-13-10 10:46 AM
    Interesting little application. I downloaded it for some reason, and its not bad.

I would rather just use the "W" shortcut to open the full BerryWeather program, but whatever.
    04-13-10 11:38 AM
    How do I put BeWeather as my wallpaper? and can it be done with the Free version?
    Wallpaper options are only available on the paid versions. Sorry! You'll have to grab it next time it goes on sale, I guess�

04-13-10 11:45 AM
    What's the difference between the berryweather "wallpaper" and a weather slot? I have 2 themes with weather slots and I use the default theme which doesn't have one. So I use WeatherPeek when I don't have a weather slot. It also comes in handy when I'm chatting or surfing the web and someone asks me or I want to know the temp.
    A weather slot is just a place to put any icon. Most people put their weather app there (as suggested by its name), so it shows you the updating icon of your weather app, just as it would wherever you had that icon. (i.e. Weather slot, bottom dock on Home Screen, App Screen, etc)

The Wallpaper feature of BerryWeather / BeWeather lets you customize the size and placement of the BW icon on your Home Screen. You can also customize to a certain extent the info displayed with that icon.

Does that make sense?

04-13-10 11:51 AM
    A weather slot is just a place to put any icon. Most people put their weather app there (as suggested by its name), so it shows you the updating icon of your weather app, just as it would wherever you had that icon. (i.e. Weather slot, bottom dock on Home Screen, App Screen, etc)

The Wallpaper feature of BerryWeather / BeWeather lets you customize the size and placement of the BW icon on your Home Screen. You can also customize to a certain extent the info displayed with that icon.

Does that make sense?

Makes perfect sense, I just never saw that option. I guess its because I have BeWeather Free. I guess I'll have to think about buying the full version later
    Thanks!
    04-14-10 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD