I saw this on Twitter and thought it might be good to post. Link and images
    from BerryReview | BlackBerry News & Reviews You Can Use

Free BB Meter App Details Memory Signal and Battery History | BerryReview.com

Download link: download

Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-12-10 at 06:49 PM.
    rrrebo likes this.
    11-12-10 06:44 PM
    looks interesting! i'll check it out thanks
    11-12-10 06:49 PM
    Sweet, I'm gonna take a look at it too thx for the heads up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-10 10:26 AM
    This is a very nice and informative application. I'll post screen shots of the logs
    a bit later. (I have zero affiliation with the developer)

11-13-10 02:30 PM
    i like how it tells you the percentage of batt left in the icon!
    i haven't used meterberry how does that one compare to this one?
    11-13-10 07:30 PM
    Loving this app.
    11-13-10 08:50 PM
    It's like a lite meterberry - the main functionality without the little extras. Pretty cool, I like it
    11-13-10 09:50 PM
    It's like a lite meterberry - the main functionality without the little extras. Pretty cool, I like it
    The lack of "extras" is why I like this app. Just give me useful info and skip the rest of the BS.
    11-13-10 10:41 PM
    This app is superb.
    Small footprint yet with great details.

Cheers

11-14-10 12:46 AM
    This app is superb.
    Small footprint yet with great details.

Cheers

yep great little app
    11-14-10 07:44 AM
    Thanks for the headsup. This is a fine app. Small footprint with all the best information up front. Love it.

11-14-10 08:14 AM
    Yeah, I also like how the icon functions as an actual battery meter.
    11-14-10 12:20 PM
    Screen shots of logs:

Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-15-10 at 05:54 PM.
    11-15-10 05:46 PM
    This one I found interesting. I had to restart after an app install. Note the jump in
    memory at 17:05

11-15-10 05:50 PM
    Nice and light. Good info. No hoops/bells/whistles. Thanks for posting this.

11-15-10 05:58 PM
    I think I like the memory log the most. That more than anything will help people
    understand that the BlackBerry does a very good job of managing memory without
    the user having to jump through all kinds of hoops and doing endless resets.
    11-15-10 06:05 PM
    Lol, you seem awful excited about this app for how down you were on MeterBerry AG granted, this app is a really good free app and MB is a lot pricier for not much more usefulness.
    11-15-10 11:11 PM
    Wow. I really dig this app! I've always leaned toward buying MeterBerry, but this app does nearly everything that MeterBerry does, but free! This is a steal!
    11-16-10 10:21 AM
    The lack of "extras" is why I like this app. Just give me useful info and skip the rest of the BS.
    Exactly, and finally a free app similar to Meterberry. I never used Meterberry, and always wished there was a free version. I'm definitely gonna check this out.
    11-16-10 11:03 AM
    Lol, you seem awful excited about this app for how down you were on MeterBerry AG granted, this app is a really good free app and MB is a lot pricier for not much more usefulness.
    True but that is because this give simple info without making all kinds of grand promises and adding unnecessary function.

Sometimes simple and straightforward is best
    11-16-10 12:30 PM
    Personally I find all battery app useless. Why install something to monitor your battery that only decreases the life of the battery? Isn't the whole idea of these apps to help increase battery life? Also cant anyone read the homescreen and see the little icon that tells you the battery is low? You actually need a % to decide if you need to plug in your phone or not?

I used this for a while and noticed no matter how I used my phone it always reported the same stats. And yes i deleted it and reinstalled it several times, and it still reported the same thing regardless.

Just my .02$. not that its worth a whole lot lol
    11-16-10 12:40 PM
    I concur, and love this little app so far. Small footprint is sweet.

11-16-10 12:41 PM
    Because this is the only way you can properly measure if something increases or decreases your battery use...

It makes no difference if the logging increases battery drain, because it's consistent. You are measuring how other apps affect battery life. And I guarantee the app doesn't just keep reporting the same stats incorrectly, because I've been using this for weeks...
    11-16-10 12:47 PM
    Personally I find all battery app useless. Why install something to monitor your battery that only decreases the life of the battery? Isn't the whole idea of these apps to help increase battery life?
    No that is not the idea. The idea is to report battery usage so the user can
    determine if there is a problem and maybe isolate it.

Same with the other two components. Nothing about this app says anything
    about increasing battery life, signal strength or memory. It's just a diagnostic tool.
    11-16-10 12:55 PM
    Because this is the only way you can properly measure if something increases or decreases your battery use...

It makes no difference if the logging increases battery drain, because it's consistent. You are measuring how other apps affect battery life. And I guarantee the app doesn't just keep reporting the same stats incorrectly, because I've been using this for weeks...
    So... just because you haven't had any problems with it, must mean that I don't know what I'm talking about?

Do I need to pull out any torch thread where someone is having problems but no one else is? Should I mention the BIS issue(just an example). I have no doubt it works great for you, but don't assume I'm incorrect just because you are not experiencing any issues.
    11-16-10 01:01 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD