Is there a way to get free apps on the Blackberry. I currently have an iphone thats jailbroken and am wondering if similar can be done on the Blackberrys?
    ....if so I might get one! (would be nice to have a decent signal for a change)
    02-13-11 04:28 AM
    There are loads of free and cheap apps for BB, here at Crackberry, at the BB Appworld and many other places - just Google for free BB apps.
    I am also new to BB, got my Curve 3G a week ago, I am loving it and .... agree with you, had iPhone(s) since they have been released but got sick and tired of that low-end 'phone'
    02-13-11 04:57 AM
    As noted, there are tons of free apps for BlackBerry.

BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry Store

However, BlackBerry devices cannot be "jailbroken". Discussing ways to get paid applications without paying cannot be discussed on the CrackBerry forums.
    02-13-11 06:40 AM
    Some free apps:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) DuoBerry (This allows you to download YouTube movies and not get any extra carrier charges)

From your BlackBerry, visit this link to start the installation, do not forget to customize the security restrictions and set everything to ALLOW
    Link: http://jelounge.dikti.net/Launcher/duoberry.jad

2) Dictionary (very neat dictionary application that can even pronounce the words for ya), to install this, Visit the following link from your BB >>> http://bbtweeps.com/files/ota/Dictio...dictionary.jad

3) Google Maps = from your BB, go to http://m.google.com/?dc=gbackstop&session=3142717698&hl=en

there you should see a list of all the Google applications and you will find Google Maps there

4) Google Sync (A very neat application that will enable you to backup all your contacts to your Gmail e-mail account, so incase you lose or damage your BB, you have a backup. You can always login to your Gmail account and you will see all the contacts under the Contacts section.

Let us say you ever get your phone back and have no previous backup or contacts, just load Google Sync again, and login to your email on your BB via the application, then hit Sync, it will then download all your contacts back!)

From the same page where you downloaded Google Maps, download

Google Sync

5) TuneIn Radio (The best FREE radio for your BlackBerry) = Download TuneIn Radio for Blackberry

6) BerryUnit Converter (good application to convert various formats like length, height, etc, into other formats, example, kgs to pounds and so on)

From your BB, navigate to http://www.tomechangosubanana.com/be...tConverter.jad

7) BarCode Assistant (very good barcode reader)

Barcode Assistant - Productivity BlackBerry Apps
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

8) QuickPull 5 v5.0.2 (Simulates a battery pull without the need to remove your battery physically)
    From your BB visit >>> http://go.mobihand.com/?op=dlmh&pd=42093&l=1&ps=150

02-13-11 09:44 AM
    ML, couldn't you just post a link instead of repeating all that garbage from your own thread? Sheesh.
    jytvyj and SCrid2000 like this.
    02-13-11 10:20 AM
    ML, couldn't you just post a link instead of repeating all that garbage from your own thread? Sheesh.

+1 GO MEG!

Seriously ML, can't you just link it instead of doing your copy/paste garbage? how filled is your clipboard anyways? You aren't fooling anyone.
    02-13-11 12:32 PM
    ML!, ignore them, cause I didnt even know we had a app that simulates the battery reset, is it safe?
    02-20-11 11:42 PM
    ML!, ignore them, cause I didnt even know we had a app that simulates the battery reset, is it safe?
    No need for an app for a soft reset. Just press alt+right shift+del simultaneously.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-11 11:56 PM
    i tried, but it didnt work... is there a way to see the task manager? cause sometimes i just wanna shut down the operamini which sometimes freezes, or is thee a way to see what apps are running in the background, cause sometimes i get the BB soooo slow, i think some app is running, cause the only one I know is running is the FB app, Tumblr and whoisit color blinker,...
    02-21-11 12:59 AM
    i tried, but it didnt work... is there a way to see the task manager? cause sometimes i just wanna shut down the operamini which sometimes freezes, or is thee a way to see what apps are running in the background, cause sometimes i get the BB soooo slow, i think some app is running, cause the only one I know is running is the FB app, Tumblr and whoisit color blinker,...
    Sometimes you have to do it twice.
    To see everything that is running, press and hold the bb button till it pops up. There will always be 5 there at all times at minimum, phone, home, messages, browser and BBM.
    hope that helps.
    02-21-11 02:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD