I know that there is a certain law pertaining to this. It plainly states that all camera phones have to have a shutter sound or whatever But it is really annoying and i know im not the only person who feels this way. So my question again is, is there a FREE app for this? I have a Storm(9530) with Verizon.. if that matters. I would like to only receive help on this question, not personal opinions, or anything that can not help me. Thanks in advance
    09-12-09 07:07 AM
    I lol'd my pants.

And for the record, there is NO law in the US pertaining to this. Numerous new phones allow this feature to be disabled.

omg.
    09-12-09 07:40 AM
    I know that there is a certain law pertaining to this. It plainly states that all camera phones have to have a shutter sound or whatever But it is really annoying and i know im not the only person who feels this way. So my question again is, is there a FREE app for this? I have a Storm(9530) with Verizon.. if that matters. I would like to only receive help on this question, not personal opinions, or anything that can not help me. Thanks in advance
    Just wondering why it's really annoying? Annoying is when I'm trying to watch television and my bird is screaming "Hi Harley" at the top of his lungs. A camera shutter though?'

Unless of course it was annoying in the fact that you didn't want someone to know you were taking pictures.....lol.

I'm just messing with you. Whatever.
    09-12-09 07:44 AM
    Just load .191. Then I guarantee your camera won't make any sounds.
    09-12-09 08:42 AM
    Who are you stalking?
    09-12-09 09:52 AM
    oh yeah...no it cant be done
    If you would have really searched instead of just pull up random threads, you WOULD know that it can be done. Good job on being a funny-guy though. I know thats what you guys try to do.
    09-12-09 09:57 AM
    If you would have really searched instead of just pull up random threads, you WOULD know that it can be done. Good job on being a funny-guy though. I know thats what you guys try to do.
    i know you can plug headphones in and then it plays through those but thats not really fixing the problem, it only works if you have them hand and time to plug them in.
    09-12-09 10:05 AM
    i know you can plug headphones in and then it plays through those but thats not really fixing the problem, it only works if you have them hand and time to plug them in.
    I suppose it you had an non-working pair you could cut-off the cable and ear pieces and use the plug.

Not the best method but I suppose it depends on how much you want the silence.
    09-12-09 12:34 PM
    Nice info there howarmat.
    09-12-09 02:28 PM
    On mine, headphones plugged in or not, the camera sound still comes out of the phone, not the headphones. It doesn't if I am on a call (using headphones) and jump to the camera to take a picture. More trouble than it's worth

The only time I wanted to have my phone's camera not make a sound was at a funeral at a really cool ornate old church.
    09-12-09 07:59 PM
    Just load .191. Then I guarantee your camera won't make any sounds.
    Lmao! Real slick.
    09-12-09 08:42 PM
    Yep no shutter sounn here either on 191 give it a shot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 06:23 AM
    A lot of peeps keep mentioning that the shutter sound, of click, is to prevent having unsuspecting pics taken, but, hello, the primary and original reasoning behind the click is to notify the user that a picture has been taken, like that of a regular camera, especially when multiple pictures are taken at once.

Remember the days when a person wouldn't have a screen, or have a need to look at it, to know when a picture was taken? Yeah, it's because there's "click." Some peeps wouldn't realize when a picture had been taken without it, or use it rather than look at the screen for confirmation.
    09-13-09 03:55 PM
    Since the camera is so slow, I'm kind of grateful for the click. It tells me that the picture has been taken.

Since the camera is so slow, candid photos are virtually impossible. So the noise is irrelevant.

I still use my camera to take pictures of things that don't move, like statues and flowers. I use my digital camera for everything else. It doesn't make much noise.
    09-13-09 10:52 PM

lol, no laws as long as you respect the other persons space. As a matter of fact, there is a law that states if you are in a public place anyone can take your picture from a distance.
    09-17-09 08:55 AM
    can you show us how it can be done on a 9530? not the 9500 because they are different devices and it will not work on a cdma device
    09-17-09 09:40 AM
    I always just laid my second finger across the tiny speaker...not too hard to cover that one

seems to work fine for me.
    09-17-09 11:55 AM
    The storm has a camera?
    09-17-09 12:02 PM
    I always just laid my second finger across the tiny speaker...not too hard to cover that one

seems to work fine for me.
    That's the best solution I've heard so far.
    10-23-09 02:46 PM
    Does this app not work anymore?

http://www.xoxoboon.com/downloads/13

Just tested in on .323 and it works fine.
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 10-23-09 at 03:23 PM.
    10-23-09 03:19 PM
    Quick launch can silence the shutter sound as well

And for those too lazy to read the links to all the other threads about camera noise, there is no federal US law requiring camera phones to make noise.
    Last edited by Devlyn16; 10-23-09 at 05:21 PM.
    10-23-09 05:18 PM
    I think I found the perfect device for you...

On eBay
    10-23-09 09:06 PM
    Back when I had my Moto Q I did a registry fix that disabled the fake shutter noise on the camera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 11:08 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD