I've been cruising the forums for a little while looking for a free app that allows me to monitor my memory usage since I've been constantly adding to my BB and I'm starting to get a little nervous about the total memory available and whether or not I have a lot of room left over for more apps or if I need to start getting rid of bigger programs like Viigo. Any suggestions?
    08-18-09 03:44 PM
    Yeah...Options->Memory

If that's not good enough, try MeterBerry, I love it.
    08-18-09 03:49 PM
    Yeah...Options->Memory

Yeah I've read about people doing that, but for some reason I can't find the 'Memory' link in my options menu; I have the Memory Cleaning in Security Options, but that's it.. I may wind up going with MeterBerry, but I heard LogMaid is good too - does it actually let you view the memory status though? The posts I read weren't very clear about that.
    08-18-09 03:54 PM
    Yeah...Options->Memory

MeterBerry is Storm specific and will not help the OP (and is it free?).
    08-18-09 03:55 PM
    I've been cruising the forums for a little while looking for a free app that allows me to monitor my memory usage since I've been constantly adding to my BB and I'm starting to get a little nervous about the total memory available and whether or not I have a lot of room left over for more apps or if I need to start getting rid of bigger programs like Viigo. Any suggestions?
    Basically you dont want to hit the 10mb threshold. Thats when performance will start being affected and messages and logs begin to get erased. Currently there is no app, to my knowledge, for your device like MeterBerry.

Yeah...Options->Memory

MeterBerry is only available for the Storm right now, but it is a great app. I had to take it off cuz it made my memory OCD even worse. Kept looking at that damn number.
    08-18-09 03:55 PM
    Yeah I've read about people doing that, but for some reason I can't find the 'Memory' link in my options menu; I have the Memory Cleaning in Security Options, but that's it.. I may wind up going with MeterBerry, but I heard LogMaid is good too - does it actually let you view the memory status though? The posts I read weren't very clear about that.
    I believe "Strakerc" meant "Opions > Status".

If you are considering paid apps I would recommend QuickPullPro. Which will notify you when your memory drops below a pre-defined limit.
    08-18-09 03:57 PM
    The 8330 does not have that option only 4.6 and above. Just look at your status take that number and you can calculate bytes to mb using a calculator. Just google a bytes calculator to find out your exact mbs. Or you could just take the first 2 numbers and subtract 2-3 to get an approx mb
    08-18-09 03:59 PM
    I believe "Strakerc" meant "Opions > Status".

If you are considering paid apps I would recommend QuickPullPro. Which will notify you when your memory drops below a pre-defined limit.
    Excellent! Yeah I have QuickPullPro and it's great at reminding me when I drop below 20MB, but I just wanted a better awareness of where I stood memory-wise, and I've looked at the Status screen countless times and for some reason the 'File Free' never registered as the number I was looking for. Thanks for giving my head a shake.
    08-18-09 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD