New version does not show in Appworld. It's still on 9.2 for me. I even uninstalled and reinstalled. No dice.
    Do a Alt-RST to refresh the list. I had to do that last night to see the update.
    01-26-12 08:44 AM
    Do a Alt-RST to refresh the list. I had to do that last night to see the update.
    True, the above method does reset All App World app and clears the cache as well, good if you want to get the latest app ranking in each category, and it will also clear your bb ID password.

There is an alternative method which is much quicker and it will only show you the upgrade without resetting anything:

1- Just open App World,
    2- Goto "My World",
    3- Then press menu and select "Refresh List"

Thats all, if you dont have my app installed yet (or any app you want to upgrade), then just download the old version (the one that is showing), then follow the above steps to see the "upgrade available" message in your App World installed app list, click on the app to start downloading the upgrade
    01-26-12 12:32 PM
    Thanks Sultan!! This app does so much and makes my BB so customizable. I hardly ever have to pickup my phone to see who's trying to contact me. This app is a true must have!!
    01-26-12 04:27 PM
    There is an alternative method which is much quicker and it will only show you the upgrade without resetting anything:

1- Just open App World,
    2- Goto "My World",
    3- Then press menu and select "Refresh List"
    Once again, I've learned something new. Thanks. And thanks for a great app.
    01-26-12 04:43 PM
    First of all, thank you Sultan your app is awesome!!!!
    I have a question, probably I didn't understand well. Is it possible to set a different sound alert me for each contact? If yes, can anybody tell me how? Thanks a lot
    01-27-12 09:41 AM
    First of all, thank you Sultan your app is awesome!!!!
    I have a question, probably I didn't understand well. Is it possible to set a different sound alert me for each contact? If yes, can anybody tell me how? Thanks a lot
    Alert Me can only have 1 sound and vibration setting, its just like ur calendar alert, it will get ur attention for important apps or contacts, and then the LED should explain the rest

Creating a sound profile for each LED event is not possible in this app

S
    Black Rose likes this.
    01-27-12 09:55 AM
    Ok, thank you for your answer and thank you for the app!
    01-27-12 11:11 AM
    There isn't much that my app can't control, however you always need to check if you have the latest version. For screen back-light control, make sure you have version 9.2 or above, and also make sure you enable popups
    Ok, I was looking more so for something that didn't require a popup, but that work around is good enough.

I have one problem. I made it so there are no led notifications at the beginning / end of every call, yet no matter what, at the end of every call the led continues to blink red (and doesn't stop) until I select "Stop LED Light".
    01-27-12 09:35 PM
    Ok, I was looking more so for something that didn't require a popup, but that work around is good enough.

I have one problem. I made it so there are no led notifications at the beginning / end of every call, yet no matter what, at the end of every call the led continues to blink red (and doesn't stop) until I select "Stop LED Light".
    This is taken from Help screen found in my app's main menu:

"RED blinking light, means your phone sound profiles are interfering with this app, goto your sound profiles and turn the led to OFF for emails, SMS and Advance OS - xxx"

There you have it, just make sure that the LED settings for "Advance OS - Call End" and "Advance OS - Alert ME", in sound profiles, is turned OFF

Everything you need to know is in the app, just following the help provided when you cannot figure out something
    01-27-12 10:12 PM
    I have to say, the latest update makes this app amazing. I was finally able to ditch BeBuzz since you added the 'alert me' functionality. I've been running this for a little over a day now and am still amazed. I love the additional functionality, and I couldn't imagine going back now

It's a little daunting at first with all the options, but after spending a few minutes with it I got it exactly how I like it!
    01-28-12 06:49 AM
    I have to say, the latest update makes this app amazing. I was finally able to ditch BeBuzz since you added the 'alert me' functionality. I've been running this for a little over a day now and am still amazed. I love the additional functionality, and I couldn't imagine going back now

It's a little daunting at first with all the options, but after spending a few minutes with it I got it exactly how I like it!
    Even when buying a new fancy car, u have to spend few mins/ hours exploring the new options, unless u buy the exact same car

Now since I got u to switch apps in a fair manner (muscles and power), I can simply ask "how come an expert user like ur self never looked at the memory consumption of bebuzz !!?".

Let's hope I can keep up with people's expectations, after all I'm just one guy doing everything in my free time, or whatever is left of it

S
    RS500 likes this.
    01-28-12 07:38 AM
    Even when buying a new fancy car, u have to spend few mins/ hours exploring the new options, unless u buy the exact same car
    Absolutely, and this is what I love about your app... so many options makes it daunting, yet is also what makes it great. You pull it off perfectly. This is honestly one of the best working utilities I have used. Spend some time to set it up and it works flawlessly.

Now since I got u to switch apps in a fair manner (muscles and power), I can simply ask "how come an expert user like ur self never looked at the memory consumption of bebuzz !!?".
    Oh, I was well aware of the shortcomings and issues of bebuzz, but for the longest time there was no other app that made it worthwhile to switch
    They had a monopoly on the LED market for a while for some reason (which shows, just look at the cost for the v4-5 upgrade and how little they have added in the past year or more).

I can only hope that you continue to keep this app as great as it is (you did set the bar high you know, haha!).
    01-28-12 06:48 PM
    great work al sooz. i appreciate the time and effort put in to it. i was a long time bebuzz user til now, i wonder why it took me so long to make the switch.

my only wish is to have the pop up 's cleaner/minimal. i would prefer to just have senders name time and message. have it so if you clicked on popup directly take u to message to reply

but its minor thanks
    01-28-12 09:18 PM
    great work al sooz. i appreciate the time and effort put in to it. i was a long time bebuzz user til now, i wonder why it took me so long to make the switch.

my only wish is to have the pop up 's cleaner/minimal. i would prefer to just have senders name time and message. have it so if you clicked on popup directly take u to message to reply

but its minor thanks
    Thanks

Popups r actually integrated with a popup manager so it can handle unlimited number of popups without loosing any and with a way to sort/delete/manage all of them. If I remove the buttons, it won't work properly, but everything else is controlled by u, u can hide the picture, sender, and text message to control the size of ur popups.

Hope u will enjoy using my app
    01-28-12 09:28 PM

but its minor thanks
    App World just approved v9.8.2, download and hide those annoying popup buttons to get smaller popups while reading your BBM messages without your friends seeing "R"s

You can now filter your BBM popups to only show chats for specific people, can be found under BBM feature in my app
    joesworld likes this.
    02-02-12 12:58 AM
    I have already added the vibration + sound alert, its called "Alert Me" in version 9.6.4, and its not just about emails, i dont like limitations now you can assign a vibration and/or a sound tune for individual contacts, emails, sms, missed calls, and BBM, also individual email accounts and all apps, basically everything

check out the app facebook page for more info on the change log for version 9.6.4.
    Cannot thank you enoigh for this great app. Rrally you ought charge for it!
    02-02-12 04:02 AM
    For those who do not have access to Blackberry App World, you can now directly download My App on your mobile for free (OTA Link) from my website Sultan Al Sooz Website using your Facebook account.

This method will also keep you updated with my app's latest news and releases
    02-06-12 01:20 PM
    Customer Support for BeBuzz/BerryBuzz is HORRIBLE and I would love nothing more than to leave them entirely for this app. Wow! And it’s Free!? So I have some questions I'd like clarified please (using Torch 9810 OS v7.0.0.583)...

1. Can you rename the colors? Orange for example is showing as Yellow. "Real"Orange seems to me to be R_O1. Wish the color wheel was as exact as BeBuzz with more shades.

2. Can you MUTE the LED & Reminders during certain days and time of day?

3. Does the backup/restore feature restore all Contacts and their LED/Alerts settings? BeBuzz backs everything up except the Contacts LED, Alerts, etc. (at least v3.2.18 doesn’t)

4. Can you change the frequency of Sound and/or Vibration alerts? (i.e., reminders vibrate and alert you every 1 second, 5 minutes, etc.)

5. If I get an email (Green LED) and BBM (Yellow LED) and open only email, will the LED for BBM continue blinking?
    Last edited by Nickerz_BB; 07-08-12 at 10:57 PM.
    07-08-12 10:53 PM
    Customer Support for BeBuzz/BerryBuzz is HORRIBLE and I would love nothing more than to leave them entirely for this app. Wow! And it�s Free!? So I have some questions I'd like clarified please (using Torch 9810 OS v7.0.0.583)...

1. Can you rename the colors? Orange for example is showing as Yellow. "Real"Orange seems to me to be R_O1. Wish the color wheel was as exact as BeBuzz with more shades.

2. Can you MUTE the LED & Reminders during certain days and time of day?

3. Does the backup/restore feature restore all Contacts and their LED/Alerts settings? BeBuzz backs everything up except the Contacts LED, Alerts, etc. (at least v3.2.18 doesn�t)

4. Can you change the frequency of Sound and/or Vibration alerts? (i.e., reminders vibrate and alert you every 1 second, 5 minutes, etc.)

5. If I get an email (Green LED) and BBM (Yellow LED) and open only email, will the LED for BBM continue blinking?
    wow!! what an old thread, brings back memories

you have one thing wrong about what you wrote, my app doesnt replace BeBuzz nor "Color ID" apps, they are both extremely amazing apps and i recommend them to everyone.

Adv OS & LED is about providing users with a new Operating System so they can enjoy their phones, and for me and my wife to enjoy our phones as well (hence wife has to like the features i add, lol)

A1) if 100+ colors and shades are not enough for you, then how about Blinking effects, ok then Mixing LED effects, not enough then im not sure what is

A2) sure you can (Night LED), you can even make the LED Dimmer for VIPs (not just off)

A3) lool, how about backing up your phone's whole contact list (with photos) as well as my apps full settings (LED is just one of 30 other features i provide)

A4) sure, why just frequency, change for each sound profile as well

A5) No, i am against battery hogging options and screen viewing distractions (why do you think the icons notification bar was invented in Blackberry homescreen), thus you can set my app to immediately clear All LEDs with a single touch "User Activity", before even opening any app

kindly use the latest thread to post further assistance
    07-08-12 11:55 PM
    kindly use the latest thread to post further assistance
    Sorry, where is the latest thread?

So I can have a different tone ring for SMS, have it ring again in 2 minutes, then have a different tone ring for BBM and have it ring in 5 minutes? And it will ring and vibrate, right? For Calendar too? All the apps?

And btw...I haven't gotten everything to work yet but if you said yes to all my questions (except for 5 which is not a big deal)...then you have ONE AMAZING APP!!! Where have I been that I didn't know about this app? Goodness...and you have almost 9800 reviews and almost a perfect score!!!!!??? That alone is unheard of. Count me and my wife's review a 5 once I get this thing all configured.

Last question. I take it you can't rename the color? Again not a big deal but this could be an easy update, no? I want to rename R_O1 to Nick's Orange lol.
    07-09-12 12:17 AM
    Sorry, where is the latest thread?

So I can have a different tone ring for SMS, have it ring again in 2 minutes, then have a different tone ring for BBM and have it ring in 5 minutes? And it will ring and vibrate, right? For Calendar too? All the apps?

And btw...I haven't gotten everything to work yet but if you said yes to all my questions (except for 5 which is not a big deal)...then you have ONE AMAZING APP!!! Where have I been that I didn't know about this app? Goodness...and you have almost 9800 reviews and almost a perfect score!!!!!??? That alone is unheard of. Count me and my wife's review a 5 once I get this thing all configured.

Last question. I take it you can't rename the color? Again not a big deal but this could be an easy update, no? I want to rename R_O1 to Nick's Orange lol.
    lool, we seem to be on the same boat when it comes to wife

i have a better option for you, in my app, there is a feature Called "LED Multi-Colors", you really should use it to customize your LEDs (its 1 one time LED configuration and you can use it in many of your LED contacts). for now, you cant rename Multi-Colors, but in my next update, i will provide the option to rename the Multi-Colors (it will show the Multi-Color's name next to the persons name in the LED feature ).

Enjoy and here is a link to the latest thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...atures-731397/
    07-09-12 12:26 AM
96 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD