Im adding this feature in my next update along with individual bbm leds and popups, which will be published next week in app world.

Im sorry that you had to turnaway from bebuzz because they made a mistake, i believe in a fair competition, and i would try to hold my update until they fix their problem, which hopefully would be next week, im sure bebuzz will try to correct this problem as soon as possible.

Sultan
    Wow. I'm impressed with your sincerity and values. My hat's off to you.
    01-19-12 12:10 AM
    Dear Sultan
    I have nothing but respect and praises for you and your work, so I only say the following as an attempt to help your wonderful app:

I have found a small isue that might be carrier dependant. When you have a new voice message, you are sent an SMS saying so. They also send something (hiden code) to let the phone know to activate the notification on screen (the little recorder).
    After you check your messages, the network sends another hidden command so the phone removes the notification.
    The problem is that that code must be in the form of an SMS invisible to the user, because when that happens the LED flashes according to the preferences set up in your app.
    I don't know if every carrier's voice mail works the same. But if yours do, here is how to reproduce the problem:
    Leave yourself a voice message, dial your voice mail and delete it, when you hang up you'll notice the voicemail notification is gone, but the LED will start flashing as if you'd gotten an SMS, when in fact you have not.
    Its a really small issue but I though I'd make you aware of it.
    Kind regards, great weekend.
    01-19-12 09:46 AM
    Dear Sultan
    I have nothing but respect and praises for you and your work, so I only say the following as an attempt to help your wonderful app:

I have found a small isue that might be carrier dependant. When you have a new voice message, you are sent an SMS saying so. They also send something (hiden code) to let the phone know to activate the notification on screen (the little recorder).
    After you check your messages, the network sends another hidden command so the phone removes the notification.
    The problem is that that code must be in the form of an SMS invisible to the user, because when that happens the LED flashes according to the preferences set up in your app.
    I don't know if every carrier's voice mail works the same. But if yours do, here is how to reproduce the problem:
    Leave yourself a voice message, dial your voice mail and delete it, when you hang up you'll notice the voicemail notification is gone, but the LED will start flashing as if you'd gotten an SMS, when in fact you have not.
    Its a really small issue but I though I'd make you aware of it.
    Kind regards, great weekend.
    So that explains all the complains about SMS flashing for no reason and i thought it was an OS bug. unfortunately, i dont have such service, therefore cant reproduce it. however i will look into the matter, i know there is a way to ignore system sms, will look into it

Many thanks for this excellent piece of information
    01-19-12 12:21 PM
    There are also flashes for new SMS messages when you receive delivery and read reports for MMS messages. I actually prefer that, so please don't change it.
    01-20-12 02:42 AM
    Oh, I also wanted to mention how much I appreciate the ability to set certain alerts to a black LED. It's nice to be able to eliminate certain, ahem, annoyances.
    01-20-12 02:44 AM
    yesterday I downloaded the latest version 5.0.24 and it no longer lights up my LED when a SMS text message is received. Do I need the paid version? The reason I ask is when I select the Apps tab, Instant Messages is locked.

Thanks for any info.

-Rich
    01-20-12 09:29 AM
    That's interesting because when using BeBuzz, it does not find contacts within the App if your contact is stored in the default list. Anyhow, I am downloading your app now because I am having a problem since I upgraded my OS to 7.1.

Q: Since most of my contacts are using the AT&T address book, can you make a change in a future version to use either the default or other address books?

I wonder what happens when you have BeBuzz and Advance OS and LED running?

-Rich

I can think of multiple reasons why this would happen, try the following:

3- Contacts must be in your phones default contact list, just delete any contact from the address book then add it again to make sure its in your default contact list and not in some backed up contact list.

Hope this helps you and others when configuring any LED app

For more questions please use the email address provided in my app.

Sultan
    01-20-12 10:07 AM
    That's interesting because when using BeBuzz, it does not find contacts within the App if your contact is stored in the default list. Anyhow, I am downloading your app now because I am having a problem since I upgraded my OS to 7.1.

Q: Since most of my contacts are using the AT&T address book, can you make a change in a future version to use either the default or other address books?

I wonder what happens when you have BeBuzz and Advance OS and LED running?

-Rich
    Funny that you asked about both apps running on the same device, my app will be crippled, not sure why, but many people said when running my app and bebuzz, my app LED will not last more than 2 mins, even if bebuzz is disabled !!!, so you must delete bebuzz to use my app LED feature. its already mentioned in my help section.

you can always delete my app if you dont like it

support for contacts other than the default contact list is not implemented and im not sure i will implement it, sorry, you just have to move them to your default contact list, at least only the ones you need a custom led for ( and from next week individual bbm led and popups with text as well as bbm contact name & picture )

Sultan
    01-20-12 10:21 AM
    I love this app!!!

The only issue I had with (stacked notifications) you're already working on it, so, I just have praises for you and your excellent work on this app.

Ah, and a lot of thanks too!

Thank you very much for you hard work!!!

PS: I don't know if someone mentioned this, but, it is normal that the twitter "LED alert" goes away in a few minutes, even though I have the "time" set on Unlimited?
    01-20-12 11:22 AM
    I love this app!!!

The only issue I had with (stacked notifications) you're already working on it, so, I just have praises for you and your excellent work on this app.

Ah, and a lot of thanks too!

Thank you very much for you hard work!!!

PS: I don't know if someone mentioned this, but, it is normal that the twitter "LED alert" goes away in a few minutes, even though I have the "time" set on Unlimited?
    your quick fix is to turn the LED to off for the twitter settings in your phone sound profiles, this way it wont conflict with my app's twitter LED
    FRG_RC likes this.
    01-20-12 11:27 AM
    I deleted a contact from my AT&T list and recreated it as a default contact but I cannot select this contact now using the Add contacts button.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for providing this app for free.

-Rich

Funny that you asked about both apps running on the same device, my app will be crippled, not sure why, but many people said when running my app and bebuzz, my app LED will not last more than 2 mins, even if bebuzz is disabled !!!, so you must delete bebuzz to use my app LED feature. its already mentioned in my help section.

you can always delete my app if you dont like it

support for contacts other than the default contact list is not implemented and im not sure i will implement it, sorry, you just have to move them to your default contact list, at least only the ones you need a custom led for ( and from next week individual bbm led and popups with text as well as bbm contact name & picture )

Sultan
    01-20-12 01:21 PM
    I deleted a contact from my AT&T list and recreated it as a default contact but I cannot select this contact now using the Add contacts button.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for providing this app for free.

-Rich
    Ok, which contacts do you see right after you click on the add button ? a good way to know if my app supports the chosen contact is to hit menu and click update contacts details, if after the contact does not show in the contacts list, then my app cant see the contact. Try contacts in the AT&T contact list first, it might be also part of your default contact list.

tip: send the contact to yourself in an email as a contact card when you want to move contacts to your default contact list.
    01-20-12 01:30 PM
    This is pretty much the ultimate app. Is there a way to incorporate the function of an app like bblight, in which it turns on the screen when the device receives an email/text/bbm message.
    01-23-12 08:15 PM
    This is pretty much the ultimate app. Is there a way to incorporate the function of an app like bblight, in which it turns on the screen when the device receives an email/text/bbm message.
    There's a way u can have the screen come on with the popups. And u can set how long the screen stays on while the popup is on. The timer can be set between 5 seconds up to 15 mins.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-12 08:26 PM
    There isn't much that my app can't control, however you always need to check if you have the latest version. For screen back-light control, make sure you have version 9.2 or above, and also make sure you enable popups
    01-23-12 08:51 PM
    great app, my favorite app on blackberry.

Can you please add individual led lights for bbm contacts.
    01-23-12 09:08 PM

Already added, waiting app world approval, should be available anytime today or tomorrow.
    KrepE likes this.
    01-23-12 09:10 PM

He has added the individual led lights for bbm in his update tht should be out very soon. It will be V9.6.1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-12 09:11 PM
    Already added, waiting app world approval, should be available anytime today or tomorrow.
    Thanks a lot this is the only thing i think is missing. Waiting for the update to show up.
    01-24-12 07:48 PM
    For some reason this app was draining my battery 10% per hour. Had to uninstall.
    01-24-12 08:47 PM
    For some reason this app was draining my battery 10% per hour. Had to uninstall.
    Sure it will if you keep the led light ON, screen light On.

if you dont, then besides those two obvious reasons above, you can also troubleshoot your battery drain by looking at the memory and cpu utilization, those two factors are the main cause of apps draining battery, i assure you that my eyes are always on those two measurements when im developing, i know many developers dont do such practice, however im aiming to enhance the whole bb OS experience, so i cant ignore it

please look at the two mention indicators in the application management tab under options>device, or just options depending on your OS, it will save your battery.

let me know if you need anymore OS enhancements in my app, of course thats after you check memory and cpu indicators to pinpoint your memory battery drain
    01-24-12 11:07 PM
    Version 9.6.4 just got approved in App World, go download and start customizing your BBM contacts to have unique LED Light color for each
    joesworld likes this.
    01-25-12 10:57 PM
    If you are also adding vibe reminders (i.e. custom vibes every x minutes after an email) you would be the unquestioned app king

Keep up the amazing work!
    Very much agree. Reminders should be either vibs or sounds. I am glad to be finished with BeBuzz, since v4 it has been buggy.
    01-26-12 06:36 AM
    Very much agree. Reminders should be either vibs or sounds. I am glad to be finished with BeBuzz, since v4 it has been buggy.
    I have already added the vibration + sound alert, its called "Alert Me" in version 9.6.4, and its not just about emails, i dont like limitations now you can assign a vibration and/or a sound tune for individual contacts, emails, sms, missed calls, and BBM, also individual email accounts and all apps, basically everything

check out the app facebook page for more info on the change log for version 9.6.4.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    01-26-12 06:51 AM
    New version does not show in Appworld. It's still on 9.2 for me. I even uninstalled and reinstalled. No dice.
    01-26-12 08:15 AM
96 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD