I have a BlackBerry Tour 9630 with Bell Mobility running v5.0.0.591 and installed Foursquare v1.8.2 the day it was launched.

At first it was great, but today I'm finding that when I click Places it freezes. If I click Back it goes back to the home screen of Foursquare and says "Loading".

After a few minutes, it'll allow me to scroll through the list of Places, but it's really touchy. I'll nudge the trackball down and it'll go all the way to the bottom.

I've uninstalled it, rebooted when prompted, then reinstalled it. Permissions are all set to Allow and it's still doing it. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?
    04-24-10 08:21 PM
    i recently installed Foursquare and i don't think i've come across that problem. maybe try posting or sending them a message?

Community-powered support for foursquare
    04-25-10 01:23 AM
    I have foursquare running on 5 different OS and Hybrid systems and have not got that or seen that problem. Currently with 5.0.0.643 it is very fast but not 'sensative' it sounds more like an OS issue than a foursquare issue. But as yelloxboy says check out the foursquare support community - they are very good.
    04-25-10 04:03 AM
    I have a BlackBerry Tour 9630 with Bell Mobility running v5.0.0.591 and installed Foursquare v1.8.2 the day it was launched.

At first it was great, but today I'm finding that when I click Places it freezes. If I click Back it goes back to the home screen of Foursquare and says "Loading".

After a few minutes, it'll allow me to scroll through the list of Places, but it's really touchy. I'll nudge the trackball down and it'll go all the way to the bottom.

I've uninstalled it, rebooted when prompted, then reinstalled it. Permissions are all set to Allow and it's still doing it. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?
    I have the same problem.
    04-28-10 03:29 PM
    I LOVE 4square and added places in my neighborhood to the register. I am now very sad.

I have a Tour and the new upgrade FREEZES. I CAN NOT check in at all. I can send out a shout, but not check in.

I click "check in" or look for "places" and it freezes.

I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

I have written to feedback[at]foursquare.com and also to bb[at]foursquare.com I get a bot reply and the page I get a link to is for the most a dead page.

NOW: they do ask that you send info in when you email the feedback. TO get this info while in the Foursquare app type REPEATEDLY the letter 'Q'. You will then get a prompt and be told how to copy info on your system that you can paste into the email.

I'm really upset. I'm going to San Diego this weekend, and was looking forward to playing the app!
    05-04-10 10:44 PM
    I got the same problem too with 5.0.0.643 on the Tour. Use v1.7 it works fine (grab it here http://foursquare.com/blackberry/bui...FourSquare.jad)

What are all your OS versions?
    Last edited by redwanhuq; 05-05-10 at 06:14 AM.
    05-05-10 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD