can someone please tell me why you guys keep referring that Foursquare uses GPS? It uses cell tower triangulation not GPS.
    Because it uses GPS and then Cell towers as a back-up.
    Within the App under Me>Settings>Help&Support>FAQ:Why do my check-ins says I'm too far?, it even states this fact.
    07-16-11 12:38 AM
    can someone please tell me why you guys keep referring that Foursquare uses GPS? It uses cell tower triangulation not GPS.
    Must be some good triangulation, if I wait for like 15 seconds after opening the app it locks right into where I am. I've had places that show up as 12 feet away 0.0 feet away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-11 08:58 AM
    I installed over 1.9.97 and BBM didn't work, deleted and re-installed and it worked. I like the BBM integration!

07-16-11 09:05 AM
    Some neat features when they actually work. Have yet to get the To-do pop-up to work. The check-in deals are kind of cool. Same BBM error as everyone else. Downloads exceeded...RIM has disabled YADA-YADA. As for GPS, well I am sitting in my house and happen to know that I am not 800 feet from the 7-11. LOL. The biggest thing is the load time. The app is slow to log-in, check connection, etc. If I wanted to check-in on the fly this app would have me frustrated. I would be checking out before it let me check-in. For now, FB check-in with the beta zone version 2.29 is pretty slick. What is taking RIM so long to update this on the official levle is another story. 4S installed and deleted for now.

07-16-11 11:53 PM
    its an Alpha release. Not even in beta. Right now theyre working on the Basics before releasing the Beta version that will most likely have the BBM integration. It just released, so whats the rush? Theres going to be bugs.
    07-17-11 06:17 PM
    When I originally downloaded the Alpha, I could actually integrate 4sq with BBM - basically all it does is update your status on BBM to where you have checked in. When you check-in, you have options to post to Facebook, twitter - there was also an option to post to BBM.

I rebooted my 9800 after some additional updates, then it disappeared (received the same error message that everyone else has been getting).
    I experienced the same thing on my 9700. I realize its an Alpha relese I'm not complaining just reporting my findings. I can't wait till a new version comes out. I liked the BBM intergration.
    07-18-11 10:45 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD