I've got a problem. When i recieve push notifications from foursquare and a person's name who commented my checkin (for example) contains non-latin symbols (cyrillic in my case) - they displayed incorrect, i can't even detect a charset.

Any way to fix it? Or just wait for update?

PS: Can anybody show the way to post a bug at foursquare site? Failed to find anything except faq.
    04-30-12 07:49 PM
    Weird, I would try to reproduce the issue for you but I still have yet to get FourSquare to give a push notification even with trying to make one display.
    05-01-12 08:12 PM
    Haven't gotten any push notifications here either.
    05-02-12 06:00 PM
    Sadly I thought that the latest BB APP update was going to fix it
    05-03-12 12:40 PM
    Hi,

On a related note.. I do know you only get notifications from people who are in the same "city" as you are.. So if I am in Bangkok, and one of my Los Angeles listed friends checks-in, I won't get a push notification.. Ok, I get that..

but...

I also notice that even for those friends who ARE in the same city as me, if their check-in (as seen via the web platform) shows that "globe" logo, I won't get a push notification either..

Only those that are:
    a) in my same city, and
    b) do NOT have that globe logo

What the heck is that globle logo anyway and has anyone else ran into this issue?

I've sent 4Sq a note asking for confirmation of the same-city only issue and they did reply that this is the way is it for now.. may change in the future, but for now it's same-city only.. but I did not get a reply to the issue of only getting notifications from those friends' check-in's that do NOT show up with that small 'globle' logo; which appears at the end of the location line.

Anyone?
    05-20-12 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD