It seems that I am having issues with the foursquare app more and more often lately.

Whenever it tries to find my location it says "Sorry, we couldn't locate any venues nearby" (I'm downtown and there are plenty of places nearby). It returns the same error if I search for a venue.

Then (if I'm lucky enough for it to actually load the nearby venues) if I try to check in it returns another error telling me that it couldn't check me in.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    05-25-10 11:16 AM
    I thought I was the only one with this problem, ha :/

It never seems to have the right distance from one venue to another, either
    05-25-10 11:51 AM
    I've noticed that too, but I always attributed that to the inaccuracy of the GPS.
    05-25-10 11:56 AM
    GPS on each phone can be an issue.

Also iPhone got a 4Square update today so perhaps there is one in the wings for BB - we can hope!
    05-25-10 01:00 PM
    Yeah, I know that the GPS is an issue when it comes to finding venues near you, but that isn't the problem I'm having now. I know my GPS is working because other apps that use it are working.

It just won't find any venues near me, nor will it let me check in. Even if I go into my check in history and try to check in from there (I was just trying to check in to my work, so that was in my history) it returns an error.
    05-25-10 01:04 PM
    I'm having that problem as well. That, plus it seems like it takes forever to log me in. The last few updates haven't done much except make it worse as far as I can tell. haha
    05-25-10 05:00 PM
    I've run into that a few times as well. I'm guessing that 4Sq may be experiencing a server overload?
    05-25-10 05:06 PM
    I've run into that a few times as well. I'm guessing that 4Sq may be experiencing a server overload?
    This makes sense. I guess since it's becoming more popular the servers are more likely to become overloaded, which is why it has been happening more often lately.

It's working for me now... well, for now at least.
    05-25-10 05:14 PM
    just restart the application and it works fine
    06-13-10 10:28 PM
    a few weeks into Foursquare, and noting accuracy/location issues with Blackberry. For some reason my phone GPS puts me approx 2 blocks off from my true/current location.

Other BB map/GPS apps (BB Maps, Google Maps, AT&T NAV, etc) seem to map and locate OK. For some reason the location passed to Foursquare is off by a little bit.

Is there a setting to adjust/recalibrate the GPS locator on the Foursquare/BB application ?

08-09-10 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD