Well, the new Foursquare update royally messes up my Opera Mini, so I'm searching for an alternative to Foursquare with Facebook/Twitter integration. I've tried Loopt, but keep getting a Network Error message... does Loopt require BIS to run? It's not native RIM, so I was hoping not, but I get this every time, even with device resets and uninstalling/reinstalling.

What apps would you suggest?
    10-11-10 12:59 PM
    SocialScope, but it's invite/private beta.

Gowalla is an alternative to FourSquare
    10-11-10 03:07 PM
    I uploaded foursquare 1.9.55 last night, and not only does it not work, it freezes my Curve up and I have to reboot it. I've never had a problem with earlier versions. Is there a new one, or is there a way to get the old one back?
    02-15-11 04:50 PM
    I uploaded foursquare 1.9.55 last night, and not only does it not work, it freezes my Curve up and I have to reboot it. I've never had a problem with earlier versions. Is there a new one, or is there a way to get the old one back?
    Hi,
    Don't ask me because I don't know why, but I was thinking of getting into the FourSquare thing recently, but have not taken the plunge yet. I am seeing people having problems, and just wanted to ask what they are specifically, and if they would prevent you from using it (if it did work somewhat).

I know nothing of FourSquare.

TIA
    02-15-11 05:21 PM
    Well, the new Foursquare update royally messes up my Opera Mini, so I'm searching for an alternative to Foursquare with Facebook/Twitter integration. I've tried Loopt, but keep getting a Network Error message... does Loopt require BIS to run? It's not native RIM, so I was hoping not, but I get this every time, even with device resets and uninstalling/reinstalling.

What apps would you suggest?
    I think loopt has to be enabled on your carrier account as well.
    02-15-11 05:26 PM
    Hi,
    Don't ask me because I don't know why, but I was thinking of getting into the FourSquare thing recently, but have not taken the plunge yet. I am seeing people having problems, and just wanted to ask what they are specifically, and if they would prevent you from using it (if it did work somewhat).

I know nothing of FourSquare.

TIA
    It is a pretty cool thing to be a part of, but can be frustrating when the venue that you want to check into, doesn't seem to exist. I just upgraded to the mentioned version above on my 9700, and have had no issues with it.

The last restaurant that I checked into, offered the Mayor a free burger every week that he/she was mayor. That was pretty cool.
    02-15-11 05:42 PM
    It is a pretty cool thing to be a part of, but can be frustrating when the venue that you want to check into, doesn't seem to exist. I just upgraded to the mentioned version above on my 9700, and have had no issues with it.

The last restaurant that I checked into, offered the Mayor a free burger every week that he/she was mayor. That was pretty cool.
    You're definitely someone I have to PM if I go for it. It seems you have the knowledge I would need to tap into. Right now I am trying to see the problems with the application (which you don't seem to have).

Free burgers are always welcome in my neck of the woods. Mayor or not!
    02-15-11 05:49 PM
    sueferret doesn't list what device or OS that they are on, so it could be dependent on that.
    02-15-11 06:40 PM
    Social Scope is the next Alternative .. Which I actually prefer using over the main app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-11 08:18 PM
    Could someone send me an invitation for Social Scope please? FourSquare blocks my BIS all the time, even if I only open the app.
    03-09-12 03:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD