Had an email reply from Foursquare acknowledging that this build has been an issue for some Blackberry users.

If this build is not working for you then check out www.foursquare.com/blackberry/alpha and download the latest version.
    Unfortunately version 1.9.94 is even worse then version 1.9.93! Wish I could get version 1.9.85 as this is the one that worked best on my Torch 9800. What would be even better is if they released a proper working version.
    06-02-11 08:50 AM
    I too can confirm that if you have a Torch 9800 that either of the last two upgrades (1.9.93 or 1.9.94) seem to disable the GPS functionality within Foursquare. Google Maps and any other app that uses GPS has no problems, just Foursqure. This of course makes the program almost useless!

FOURSQUARE ARE YOU LISTENING!!??? Please fix this or provide OTA links to downgrade to 1.9.90 or below!!

Thanks!!
    06-02-11 09:44 AM
    .96 just came out. I'll give it a shot.
    06-02-11 02:08 PM
    I installed FourSquare 1.9.96 and have given it a few tries and it's still the bull****! They have taken a good app and made it ****! How rude!! Has to be the app because all my other apps that use GPS are all working correctly (ex: Google Maps, Poynt and even Facebook Places). They keep making these releases instaed of just giving us the 1.9.85 version which worked perfectly for most!! FOURSQUARE fix this damn it!!!!
    06-02-11 03:26 PM
    Is it just the Torch that is having the issues? I haven't upgraded yet to .96 on my S2 since .94 works for me.
    06-02-11 03:44 PM
    Is it just the Torch that is having the issues? I haven't upgraded yet to .96 on my S2 since .94 works for me.
    I have seen no problems with location on my Storm2, on either .93 or .96.
    06-02-11 04:43 PM
    i don't have any issue with location on Torch 9800 on 1.9.96... search venues now work for me. view larger profile photos. in fact, just did a check with Facebook Place. FP doesn't give me any better locations....
    06-02-11 10:23 PM
    I'm still having the location issues with .96. It says work is 1700+ feet away. At the gym yesterday, it told me I was 3,000 feet away. I am still able to check in though without an "oops, we think you're a little far..." I wonder if it's a glitch between what the app sees and what it displays for distance. Hopefully, they can sort this out.

I'm on a 9700 running os 5.
    06-03-11 06:19 AM
    www.foursquare.com/blackberry/beta

New version available. Much much better too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-11 07:36 AM
    Has it always measured distance in feet? I never noticed that until the upgrade. I swear it used to be different. Whenever I go to check in it defaults to places in other cities. I like the specials bar, but it takes forever to check in now on my Torch and the search is immensely slow. Glad to see it's not just me.
    06-06-11 06:20 PM
    www.foursquare.com/blackberry/beta

New version available. Much much better too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This didn't make it any better on my Torch.
    06-06-11 06:21 PM
    This didn't make it any better on my Torch.
    It's not fantastic on my Torch either. Everything is slow, after a while I have to exit the app and log back in otherwise I get sorry we can't find any venues but at least it's marginally better than the app that didn't work at all!
    06-07-11 06:22 AM
    Do you know how to customize 4sq notifications? when a friend does a check-in it shows up but no way to set it for sound or vibe in the device profiles...

06-13-11 06:19 AM
    update

I installed OS 6.0.0.600 on my Torch and foursquare seems to be working as it did.
    Not sure if that was the fix. I had uninstalled it a few days ago because I got fed up with it not working and no replies from foursquare to my emails to them. I figured why not give it another try as am updating the OS. I was running OS6.0.0.567

So again it seems to have fixed it for me.
    06-21-11 09:08 PM
    I downloaded the version that is on App World. It scans my contacts for friends and never stops scanning. And it doesn't find my twitter name and pull in contact from there. What gives!?
    06-23-11 08:31 AM
    I downloaded the version that is on App World. It scans my contacts for friends and never stops scanning. And it doesn't find my twitter name and pull in contact from there. What gives!?
    I found I had to link my twitter name up to my foursquare on the main website, not through the app if that helps you.
    06-23-11 09:08 AM
    update part 2
    6.0.0.600 OS didn't fix it as I previously thought! Updated to the new 1.9.97 and it still has GPS issues. Damn weird since Google Maps, Facebook places and Poynt all find my location quickly and accurately! Uninstalling again till they give us another update! Get on this Foursquare!!!!
    06-24-11 07:48 AM
    My own personal update on this is that in general the app works however if I leave it logged in eventually it stops working when I go to check-in. After an eternity I get "sorry we can't find any venues nearby". I have to exit the app and re-start to check-in.
    06-24-11 09:14 AM
    I'm with porkchopian on this - the newest release still doesn't fix the way off GPS from the last version which is when it started screwing up.
    06-24-11 09:23 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD