1) BBText2IM: OTA Link- Here

2) Getempower Public Beta- Empower HTML Email Viewer, Blackberry Threaded SMS and more

3) 3Jam- 3jam

4) iPhone emulator Pack- Sorry... no ota link at this time.

As of right now, the only free one is the BBText2IM and the Public Beta Trial for GetEmpower...

I know thats not that many but its all I could do right now. Ill keep adding more that I find but in the meantime I hope this helps some people out.

Add yours that you found in the comments and I'll add to the list if there legit.
    06-17-09 04:34 PM
    what does this app do exactly? changes the layout of the sms messaging?
    06-17-09 05:27 PM
    Threaded SMS apps make it so that every SMS you send to someone, it is like an AIM chat. How it keeps all the messages in one so there arnt a million individual messages in ur inbox. Just select the contact and it shows u your entire chat from your first message to your last. Just think of any AIM instant messageing system
    06-17-09 05:29 PM
    oh thats siiiick. i dont like to admit it but the iphone sms set up is perfect
    06-17-09 05:49 PM
    I phone emulator pack? Doubt that
    06-17-09 05:50 PM
    I phone emulator pack? Doubt that
    I personally have not tried it but from what the pictures on other sites look like, apparently its pretty good.
    06-17-09 05:56 PM
    1) BBText2IM: OTA Link- Here

2) Getempower Public Beta- Empower HTML Email Viewer, Blackberry Threaded SMS and more

3) 3Jam- 3jam

4) iPhone emulator Pack- Sorry... no ota link at this time.

As of right now, the only free one is the BBText2IM and the Public Beta Trial for GetEmpower...

I know thats not that many but its all I could do right now. Ill keep adding more that I find but in the meantime I hope this helps some people out.

Add yours that you found in the comments and I'll add to the list if there legit.
    ok some of these have been out quite a while.

3) 3jam....tried it and hated it. Its not made for the storm really and i didnt like the way it operated.

1&2) BBText2IM and the empower app both suffer a big problem. You still have to manually go into your normal SMS folder and ack the messages. Otherwise you still have the notifier and light blinking etc. So while this might make viewing easier its 2 times the work clearing the notifications and such. If you get 100+ txts a day or whatever its horrible.

4) havent tried

To me it depends on how many people you txt. If you txt 15 people i can see the need for threaded SMS. I loved it on my treo. But i really only txt a couple people a day so its not terribly hard to keep track of.
    06-17-09 06:05 PM
    The empower beta app is good. Just that it does not work 100% of the time. It is still very buggy at the moment.
    06-17-09 06:06 PM
    I'm a little confused on the whole sms threaded thingy, I thought we had threaded sms on the storm? The reason I say this, is becuase if someone sms's me, it keeps it going in the same sms under that contacts number. I just went into options >> sms >> and selected to keep 25 items in the history.

Forgive my noobness if I'm wrong, but isn't that threaded sms ?
    06-17-09 06:58 PM
    I'm a little confused on the whole sms threaded thingy, I thought we had threaded sms on the storm? The reason I say this, is becuase if someone sms's me, it keeps it going in the same sms under that contacts number. I just went into options >> sms >> and selected to keep 25 items in the history.

Forgive my noobness if I'm wrong, but isn't that threaded sms ?
    Well that's true but there are still a million individuial messages in ur inbox

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 07:08 PM
    that's kinda threaded sms. nut true threaded sms. To put it simply... make sms like the iphone's sms (palm treo as well?) and everyone will be happy.

heck, my girlfriend has the samsung rant and it has threaded sms, it's a dumbphone on sprint.

I use 3jam, like it. Message popup lets me reply immediately no matter where I am, or ignore.
    06-17-09 09:42 PM
    WTF is this iPhone Emulator Pack that I keep hearing about and no one explains?
    06-17-09 09:43 PM
    that's kinda threaded sms. nut true threaded sms. To put it simply... make sms like the iphone's sms (palm treo as well?) and everyone will be happy.

heck, my girlfriend has the samsung rant and it has threaded sms, it's a dumbphone on sprint.

I use 3jam, like it. Message popup lets me reply immediately no matter where I am, or ignore.
    almost all win mobile phones have it, treo included. And i agree it would please most anyone to have it like that.
    06-17-09 09:46 PM
    WTF is this iPhone Emulator Pack that I keep hearing about and no one explains?
    x2

where is this available? or i call shens
    06-17-09 10:32 PM
    wow thanks a lot man.. i just downloaded bb text to im.. its pretty cool. i just changed the background colors to white and incoming text to red, and out going text to blue. looks pretty good. ill probably end up disabling the red indicator.
    06-17-09 11:29 PM
    Don't waste your time. We are getting threaded SMS in 5.0, read the front page for the BBM update by BGR.
    06-17-09 11:58 PM
    Um who knows when we'll get 5.0 so why not use these to get threaded SMS before it's released? Not a waste of time.

Another plus: 3jam let's you type beyond 160 characters. It splits up the messages but that's exactly what Beyond160 does. Plus B160 doesn't do threaded and it's a pay app. 3jam is free.
    06-18-09 12:46 AM
    Um who knows when we'll get 5.0 so why not use these to get threaded SMS before it's released? Not a waste of time.

Another plus: 3jam let's you type beyond 160 characters. It splits up the messages but that's exactly what Beyond160 does. Plus B160 doesn't do threaded and it's a pay app. 3jam is free.
    Because you said that, I want 5.0 to be leaked within the next 48 hours.
    06-18-09 01:00 AM
    i have a feeling if it was, tony would not be mad haha
    06-18-09 01:03 AM
    i have a feeling if it was, tony would not be mad haha
    Ohh trust me, he would >: )
    06-18-09 01:04 AM
    where is this iphone emulator pack??? i want it!
    06-18-09 01:08 AM
    Actually I would be pissed. Don't presume to know how I would feel.

Well not pissed. You were right. I'd be quite happy.

But even of it does leak in 48 hours I'll have threaded SMS from 3jam for 48 hours and then delete it. No harm done and certainly no waste of time.
    06-18-09 01:10 AM
    Actually I would be pissed. Don't presume to know how I would feel.

Well not pissed. You were right. I'd be quite happy.

But even of it does leak in 48 hours I'll have threaded SMS from 3jam for 48 hours and then delete it. No harm done and certainly no waste of time.
    lol I was just playing around It's true that such applications should be used now, and 5.0 will not be released for a while. Then again, you know how reliable Crackberry is We will have the 5.0 OS leaked at least a month before it is released... hopefully lol.
    06-18-09 01:13 AM

Is 3jam really free? It says it costs 19.99. Did they just start charging?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 04:42 AM
    i grabbed the get empower one.
    I dontreally get what this thing is doing that i dont all ready have?
    My txt messages I get are all ready stringed together wtih the defualt phone software. All i seem to get with this is smileys and color choices.
    did I miss something?
    06-18-09 05:55 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD