I know a lot of people have been talking about using the screen without actually clicking it down to make a selection. Well in the clock app. when you go to change the time for the alarm you dont have to click the up and down arrows, if you just drag your finger up or down over the part of the time you want to change it will just scroll up or down whichever way you slide your finger. I am running .113 so I dont know if this is for all OS's and I apologize if this was mentioned before I found it pretty awesome and thought I'd put the word out there.
    04-03-09 02:36 PM
    Welcome to the first release
    04-03-09 02:37 PM
    really it was there the whole time I just did it by accident last night and was like what just happened. Anyway the mods can take down this post at anytime they feel fit sorry about that everyone.
    04-03-09 02:40 PM
    really it was there the whole time I just did it by accident last night and was like what just happened. Anyway the mods can take down this post at anytime they feel fit sorry about that everyone.
    It's cool that some people are finding new things...
    04-03-09 02:40 PM
    It's cool that some people are finding new things...
    new to them :}
    04-03-09 02:43 PM
    It could also be new to some, dont flame him either. He could be posting " i hate my storm im gonna run in a corner and cry myself to sleep".

Nice post dude thanks! I didnt know this myself.
    04-03-09 02:54 PM
    Letting someone else know makes this post and probably the flaming I am going to get worth it LOL
    04-03-09 02:58 PM
    Did anyone else feel that it's the only way to figure out how to use this phone? By trial and error....
    I remember when I got my phone a few weeks back, I read that silly little book from cover to cover and I learned nothing...
    I had to come on here and learn from all you folks who are all freaking geniuses!
    04-03-09 03:02 PM
    I always find my index finger is too clumsy to do it. I always end up sliding to the side and changing the hour as well. It is a great little trick to know, i just have to work on my coordination for it. typing is hard enoug.
    04-03-09 03:05 PM
    Ditto, and I just added a new calendar appointment cursing the click the whole time.
    04-03-09 03:09 PM
    emulators and user manuals will only teach you so much. and your friends who are "good with this kinda stuff" always fail at trying to show you stuff....

+1 for "trial and error"
    04-03-09 03:09 PM
    I was also unaware of this ... Thanks!

You should post it in PK's or the Official Tips/Tricks thread (I really don't remember seeing it in there).

Oh, and this > rant any day for sure.
    04-03-09 03:17 PM
    That's pretty cool actually. I didn't know that so thanks for posting it. And just look past the ones that already know and feel they need 2 post. So much of that on this forum...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 03:18 PM
    It could also be new to some, dont flame him either. He could be posting " i hate my storm im gonna run in a corner and cry myself to sleep".

ok, no one flaming him...
    04-03-09 03:19 PM
    That's pretty cool actually. I didn't know that so thanks for posting it. And just look past the ones that already know and feel they need 2 post. So much of that on this forum...

EASY mister Oh on the ends and HI in the middle...
    RELAX...
    04-03-09 03:20 PM
    I guarantee that every time someone posts a discovery that is new to them, it is also new to A LOT of other members here. A lot of us may fancy ourselves experts, but the majority aren't. So, I think it's good when people post their "new" finds.
    04-03-09 03:22 PM
    Yeah they really failed on not including a true manual, I was very surprised by that. This could go in the tips forum, others may not know either.

04-03-09 03:23 PM
    I know a lot of people have been talking about using the screen without actually clicking it down to make a selection. Well in the clock app. when you go to change the time for the alarm you dont have to click the up and down arrows, if you just drag your finger up or down over the part of the time you want to change it will just scroll up or down whichever way you slide your finger. I am running .113 so I dont know if this is for all OS's and I apologize if this was mentioned before I found it pretty awesome and thought I'd put the word out there.
    Thanks for sharing. I didn't know about this until you posted about it. I always hated pressing those small arrow keys, so I resorted to punching in the numbers. Now I can swipe away! Thanks.
    04-03-09 03:26 PM
    It took me a few weeks to find that too
    04-03-09 03:36 PM
    wow that is WAAAAAAAAAAAAy easier than pressing the stupid up/down arrows
    04-03-09 03:40 PM
    Thanks I don't consider myself a nube or an expert, and I didn't know this, its a great tip.
    04-03-09 04:04 PM
    Yes, thanks for the tip! You learn something new everyday... 2 things if you visit this site!
    04-03-09 04:07 PM
    This is something you can do with the date/time in any native application on the phone (and at least some third-party apps). I've found it actually to be a pain sometimes because I'll try to swipe for the time and my finger will be on the edge and accidentally change the date or something. Still a lot easier than punching the arrows, never even tried that lol
    04-03-09 05:20 PM
    Either that, or pull up the keyboard, lock on the numeric keypad and use that instead. I find this easier. Thanks for the tip all the same.
    04-03-09 05:36 PM
    Cool tip thanks
    04-03-09 05:44 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD