Well I found the AIM app Ive been wanting & I don't know why i just didn't search for it in the app world. Instead i was using beejive which is ok. The only problem is now that Ive downloaded it, I try to sign in & its saying " ! Service not enabled for this handheld." Why Not? Why cant I use this AIM app? Any ideas, please let me know. Thanks

07-07-10 06:38 PM
    anyone? anything?
    07-08-10 01:51 PM
    AOL?

You mean there are still people that deal with them? Yikes!!
    07-08-10 02:47 PM
    haha yes, me! most my friends still use it thats why & i rarely use bbm. In fact none of my friends have a BlackBerry so theres no point.
    07-08-10 04:11 PM
    I cancelled my AOL like 10 years ago after some blatantly-gay guy rep for them called me "honey". I considered that sexual harassment.
    Never looked back. Worthless service.
    I hope the app works well for ya....
    07-08-10 04:37 PM
    just curious, is the app not working because i dont have the service book for it? i dont get it... Or is it because the verizon S2 doesnt come with the aim app pre-installed?
    07-08-10 05:59 PM
    T-Mobile user on a verizon phone again?

I only realised lately that ALOT T-Mobile users have bad times on storm2. not because the storm2 is not good but their telco is not good.

These are RIM apps and to work, they goes through BIS network only.

Let me give you a suggestion. Turn on your WIFI, close your mobile network.

We do a test? If you are able to connect AOL via WIFI then that will mean your Telco suck big time for their bb service.

Call up your Telco, scold them and ask them fix it.

If you can't even connect via WIFI, then the AOL either is really not working backend or your app have problem.
    07-08-10 10:19 PM
    Can't help you as to why it won't work for you.

HOWEVER, you'd be a lot better off with a 3rd party app for AIM. It is verrrrrry slow a lot of the time. As in minutes before posts show up sometimes...both sent and received. Do a quick search for it...you'll see what I mean.
    07-10-10 01:26 AM
    If you still have troubles installing AIM I'd suggest a 3rd party app like BeeJive. Plus you get GTalk, Yahoo, Facebook IM, etc.

You get a 30 day Free Trial

Beejive - instant messaging anywhere
    07-10-10 04:36 AM
    I cancelled my AOL like 10 years ago after some blatantly-gay guy rep for them called me "honey". I considered that sexual harassment.
    Never looked back. Worthless service.
    I hope the app works well for ya....
    Would you have complained if a woman called you "honey?"

Getting upset with an entire company over this incident reveals deeper psychological issues, and gives new meaning to the word "butthurt."
    07-11-10 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD