some users have asked me if there is a way to delete text from an email that they want to forward. they click on forward and would like to remove some of the text - is there a way to do this?
    thanks gurus
    10-01-09 02:34 PM
    Hold shift while scrolling the wheel to highlight text, press the back button to delete highlighted text.
    10-01-09 03:40 PM
    The method I use is:
    - open the email you want to forward
    - select and copy the text of that email
    - open a new email and paste the text into the new email
    - you can then edit the test in the new email
    10-01-09 03:43 PM
    Hold shift while scrolling the wheel to highlight text, press the back button to delete highlighted text.
    doesn't work that way
    10-01-09 04:09 PM
    There's an app called Forward, Reply and Edit that does what you want. It's free. i use it and it works perfectly!

Once you download the app, just click on it. Then hide the icon. It puts the options in your BlackBerry menu when you are in emails.

Forward, Reply and Edit allows your BlackberryTM Smartphone to edit emails you forward or reply to others. Use it to fix spelling mistakes, add content, delete content, add comments, etc�in emails you forward or reply to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 04:11 PM
    hold ****f and delete doesnt work on forward emails -
    thanks for the repplies -
    the forwardreplyedit util seems to do the trick -
    also the manual process listed above - copy text to new message delete what you want -
    thanks
    10-01-09 05:07 PM
    You're welcome.

10-01-09 05:08 PM
    I've read that not being able to edit/delete from a FORWARD or even a reply is because of Rim's business friendly methods. If you forward, you forward EVERYTHING and it might be considered unethical to edit or delete stuff from the original.

I use the 'forward" program referred to above.
    10-01-09 06:42 PM
    i like to remove other addresses when forwarding an email. i don't feel comfortable exposing previous or cc'd email addresses. i would think that especially in a business environment this would be considered bad etiquette.

It's also extremely annoying to receive an email with a wall of cc'd emails to scroll through before getting to the actual email. Removing non essentials from the body is also useful.

i can't see how it's a security feature, since you can edit forwarded emails when sending from every other source. But i suppose that possible! Interesting. That sounds like the camera shutter debate

In any case, i love that app!

10-01-09 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD