Recently changed from a Storm to the Bold 9900 so i have all my contacts backed up both the old Storm and on my PC. The real issue is i just recently took a vacation to Hawaii and obviously took many photos on the 9900.

Now my little niece was playing with my phone (password locked) and took it upon herself to try many different combos. And after 10 the phone formatted itself. Pretty straight forward, is there any way to be able to recover those photos?

I googled a little and searched around this site, nothing too clear. Hopefully somebody can help me out with this situation?

Sorry if this has been covered before and sorry for any bad grammer, english is not my first language.

Thanks in advance
    05-07-12 10:30 PM
    Recently changed from a Storm to the Bold 9900 so i have all my contacts backed up both the old Storm and on my PC. The real issue is i just recently took a vacation to Hawaii and obviously took many photos on the 9900.

Now my little niece was playing with my phone (password locked) and took it upon herself to try many different combos. And after 10 the phone formatted itself. Pretty straight forward, is there any way to be able to recover those photos?

I googled a little and searched around this site, nothing too clear. Hopefully somebody can help me out with this situation?

Sorry if this has been covered before and sorry for any bad grammer, english is not my first language.

Thanks in advance
    Im assuming you had the pics saved to the device and not the media card?

Did you, by any chance, use BlackBerry Protect? More specifically, to make a wireless backup of your phones data/media?
    05-07-12 10:34 PM
    Yes they were saved to the device, I do not have a media card.

I had just bought the phone probably 3-4 days before my trip, so no i did not use blackberry protect at any point...
    05-07-12 10:37 PM
    Yeah by default a security wipe does not wipe the media card. But of course that's no help now.
    05-07-12 10:45 PM
    I have heard of recovery programs, but not sure to what level...

Also when the entire formatted process was over i rebooted my phone and all my apps were still there??! That's what lead me to believe there was some hope
    05-07-12 10:48 PM
    I have heard of recovery programs, but not sure to what level...

Also when the entire formatted process was over i rebooted my phone and all my apps were still there??! That's what lead me to believe there was some hope
    Apps are not wiped by default. All user data that is on the device (not the media card) is..... As I recall.
    05-07-12 11:02 PM
    Not quite sure if those recovery programs can really help to recover your files.
    Other then that you're pretty SOL if you didn't made any backups or whatsoever.
    05-07-12 11:08 PM
    Well thanks for confirming the worst for me...sucks for sure to loose all those beautiful pictures! That's the curve balls of life, I will just have to go back one day

Thanks
    05-07-12 11:11 PM
    Yeah too bad but no worries, still plenty of enough time to capture those unforgettable moments!
    05-07-12 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD