anyone know how to force apps to use bis. I've got the Edge edge problem. I know not all programs will be compatable

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 12:35 PM
    anyone know how to force apps to use bis. I've got the Edge edge problem. I know not all programs will be compatable

What are you getting at? If they use data from the network then the network has to be there for them to get the data.
    06-20-09 12:46 PM
    What are you getting at? If they use data from the network then the network has to be there for them to get the data.
    I read a couple of post where u could actually force the app to run on bis instead of whatever other feed causes edge failure. Like pandora or slacker won't work regardless cause they don't use bis. But bolt was working for me and now its not. Not sure if I messed with a setting.

06-20-09 12:51 PM
    I read a couple of post where u could actually force the app to run on bis instead of whatever other feed causes edge failure. Like pandora or slacker won't work regardless cause they don't use bis. But bolt was working for me and now its not. Not sure if I messed with a setting.

If you are on BIS all of your data comes through the BIS server. If you are on BES then all of your data is coming through the BES server. There is no way around it. Someone said something about changing your setting on GSM/UTMS and your network mode from 3G & 2G to just 2G.
    06-20-09 12:57 PM
    Ahh ok that makes sense. Will try that. Ty

06-20-09 12:59 PM
    If you are on BIS all of your data comes through the BIS server. If you are on BES then all of your data is coming through the BES server. There is no way around it. Someone said something about changing your setting on GSM/UTMS and your network mode from 3G & 2G to just 2G.
    Ok just tried ap news app and ubber twitter. Both those apps had an option on which connection type. Always choose bis and the app will work. Prior to doing that apNews would not work when it was set to automatic detection...

06-20-09 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD