01-14-13 10:34 AM
196 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Hi,

Would some one like to share how can i install these fonts on bold 9780.

Thanks
    We are all using the Font Collection app available in mobihand store. You add the font to your storage card and then go into the add and click on install TTF.
    That's all there is to it!
    bluey09 likes this.
    02-22-11 07:00 AM
    We are all using the Font Collection app available in mobihand store. You add the font to your storage card and then go into the add and click on install TTF.
    That's all there is to it!
    Thanks mate .. downloaded the app as advised .. it works like a charm

Thank you

sal
    02-22-11 09:39 AM
    Are you only allowed to download fonts with the paid version? Thanks
    02-23-11 02:38 PM
    Caeldera

Primitive

IronickNF

Parisian

Oakwood

Dragonfly

Here's the zip with all 6 fonts in it...
    https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Publi...%3D&w=74f131fd

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-11 11:22 AM
    TYVM for posting & sharing these BT!
    02-24-11 11:33 AM
    TYVM for posting & sharing these BT!
    You're very welcome!

02-24-11 11:39 AM
    Has anyone noticed that using these fonts, locks you from switching themes? I was using the Joplin font(OS6) and trying to change themes and it would not let me. I took it to Sprint to have them look at it and they wiped the phone clean. When I got it back, the only thing I re-installed was the Font collection and the fonts that I got from this thread. Before I put the fonts on, I had access to change themes, fonts, backlight etc. Once I activated my font, it would not let me go to the screen to change my theme, font, backlight. I uninstalled and it was fine. Is this a known issue and if so is there a workaround and am I the only on who has noticed this issue? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

02-24-11 04:53 PM
    Has anyone noticed that using these fonts, locks you from switching themes? I was using the Joplin font(OS6) and trying to change themes and it would not let me. I took it to Sprint to have them look at it and they wiped the phone clean. When I got it back, the only thing I re-installed was the Font collection and the fonts that I got from this thread. Before I put the fonts on, I had access to change themes, fonts, backlight etc. Once I activated my font, it would not let me go to the screen to change my theme, font, backlight. I uninstalled and it was fine. Is this a known issue and if so is there a workaround and am I the only on who has noticed this issue? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I also have Sprint and have not noticed an issue. Whatever theme I currently have, if I change themes the same font is used....the only time its not is if theme developer used their own custom and not a default, then it does not change. I change fonts, themes, wallpapers, bw sets, battex skins all day long (holy admitting my addiction!! First step right?!)
    02-24-11 05:01 PM
    I switch themes several times a day, without an issue. And I haven't used a stock font since dl'ing the FontCollection app. I've never heard of anyone else with the problem you're having. Maybe you've got a conflict between 2 apps that is preventing you from switching themes when you use FontCollection. OR, do you possibly have a font set for something OTHER than a system font and BW? For some reason, these fonts cause issues if you try to set one of them for anything but system and BW.

EDIT: when say "conflict between 2 apps", it could be ANY 2 apps. They don't have to be related to fonts or themes to cause a conflict with FontCollection. And the conflict (if there is one) doesn't have to be caused by an open app, either. I once had a conflict between Dictionary app and itookthisonemyphone app, that would cause BBM to open everytime I closed itookthisonmyphone. Once I deleted Dictionary, everything was fine. But it took me a month to track down the problem....
    Last edited by BlastTyrant; 02-24-11 at 05:34 PM.
    02-24-11 05:27 PM
    Caeldera

Primitive

IronickNF

Parisian

Oakwood

Dragonfly

Here's the zip with all 6 fonts in it...
    https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Publi...%3D&w=74f131fd

I get a 403 error when I click on link
    02-24-11 06:22 PM
    I get a 403 error when I click on link
    Are you using your PC? Try your BB browser

02-24-11 06:33 PM
    Are you using your PC? Try your BB browser

ah ok .....

I dont have anything to unzip it with on my bb nvm
    02-24-11 07:08 PM
    ah ok .....

I dont have anything to unzip it with on my bb nvm
    Just dl Filescout Lite. It's an essential app, and it's free. Zip and unzip files right on your BB. No need for a pc; I don't even have one.

02-24-11 07:11 PM
    Just dl Filescout Lite. It's an essential app, and it's free. Zip and unzip files right on your BB. No need for a pc; I don't even have one.

Thanks so much for that suggestion! Just downloaded the free app and unzipped that file and boom! There are the fonts!

02-24-11 09:06 PM
    Thanks so much for that suggestion! Just downloaded the free app and unzipped that file and boom! There are the fonts!

No problem at all! Enjoy your newly found freedom LOL!!

02-24-11 09:21 PM
    Hi,

I cant access display settings on my 9780 after downloading the app .. If i delete the app and want to install it again will i have to purchase it again ???

Sal
    02-25-11 03:31 AM
    found some tribal looking fonts.......

someone had asked for a tribal and all the files are too large but if you want something similar here is the page....

Gothic > Various fonts | dafont.com
    02-25-11 09:52 AM
    Hi,

I cant access display settings on my 9780 after downloading the app .. If i delete the app and want to install it again will i have to purchase it again ???

Sal
    I'm having the same issue. See my post and the answers I rec'd. But once you purchase, you don't have to purchase it again but I do think they charge for an upgrade, when they make another version though.

02-25-11 01:23 PM
    [QUOTE=BlastTyrant;6083473]I switch themes several times a day, without an issue. And I haven't used a stock font since dl'ing the FontCollection app. I've never heard of anyone else with the problem you're having. Maybe you've got a conflict between 2 apps that is preventing you from switching themes when you use FontCollection. OR, do you possibly have a font set for something OTHER than a system font and BW? For some reason, these fonts cause issues if you try to set one of them for anything but system and BW.

EDIT: when say "conflict between 2 apps", it could be ANY 2 apps. They don't have to be related to fonts or themes to cause a conflict with FontCollection. And the conflict (if there is one) doesn't have to be caused by an open app, either. I once had a conflict between Dictionary app and itookthisonemyphone app, that would cause BBM to open everytime I closed itookthisonmyphone. Once I deleted Dictionary, everything was fine. But it took me a month to track down the problem....[/QUOTE. Thanks for your help and suggestions but can you tell me what BW is? I'm confused. Is this font collection able to change the fonts on the whole system or just certain apps and screens? Cause when I had it set, everything was not showing up with that font. My web would be one font and certain apps but not all. Is this the issue that is causing my problems? Pls tell me how this is supposed to work!!! TIA for any help you can provide.

02-25-11 01:37 PM
    I'm having the same issue. See my post and the answers I rec'd. But once you purchase, you don't have to purchase it again but I do think they charge for an upgrade, when they make another version though.

Regardless of the app, upgrades that are realeased due to bug fixes, are nearly always free. The only time upgrades cost anything is when a completely new version has been made. Has anyone emailed the dev concerning the incompatability with certain BB models and OS's?

02-25-11 01:37 PM
    BW is BerryWeather. This app won't change the font for everything on your BB. You wouldn't want any of these fonts as your BB browser font. As for other apps, it won't change the font in most of them. There are a few (Berryweather being one of them) that have font settings that are adjustable within the app, and are independent of the system font.

02-25-11 01:51 PM
    BW is BerryWeather. This app won't change the font for everything on your BB. You wouldn't want any of these fonts as your BB browser font. As for other apps, it won't change the font in most of them. There are a few (Berryweather being one of them) that have font settings that are adjustable within the app, and are independent of the system font.

Ok No I dont have BerryWeather on my phone, so I dont know what the issue is but like you suggested in another post, maybe I will email the developer and let him know that some phones/models are not able to use their themes, change fonts, backlight, etc because of some kind of conflict.
    02-25-11 02:30 PM
    here's the font that steph used in the clockr theme that rryoung shared. thought i'd post them here for everyone else to enjoy!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9613507/%20f...-Regular_0.ttf

thanks rryoung and steph!
    02-27-11 10:32 PM
    If this has been mentioned before, I'm sorry, but last night I noticed a connection between berryweather and fonts collection app. I few times I tried to install fonts the fonts app would freeze up my phone and not open. I would have to reboot and wait a few days to try again. Other times it would work fine. Thinking back I remembered which themes I was using and the difference between the not working and working ones. I realized with the working themes I wasn't using berryweather wallpaper. I tested my theory and was right. I disabled berryweather wallpaper and fonts collection worked flawlessy. When I was done installing I just re-enable berryweather wallpaper. I just wanted to pass that along bit of information in case any one else has that issue.
    02-28-11 12:58 PM
    Here's a few fonts I found recently. As usual, with all the fonts I post, some of these aren't the best for a system font (Thong, for instance). But they work great for Berryweather. Enjoy!

Thong

Bolonewt

LaPerutaFLF

Path1-01

And, last but not least, my own new personal fav, which works great as a system font BTW LOL...

Phrixus

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Publi...%3D&w=bd246410

03-01-11 10:49 PM
196 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD