Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you use an FM Transmitter to connect your BlackBerry to your car to listen over the stereo. I have one that works beautifully, but here's my question: if you have one, does yours also charge the phone? Mine connects via USB, but the transmitter is not powerful enough to charge the phone at the same time. Is there one on the market that you know of that charges while playing? I am dying to find one so that I don't suffer battery loss while listening in the car.
    12-14-10 08:54 PM
    I have a transmitter that's from best buy that has a usb plug in it to charge the item its plugged into and a jack to play the music. Its from Belin I think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-10 11:32 PM
    12-14-10 11:49 PM
    I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but I have the BlackBerry Visor Mount Speakerphone VM-605, which I highly recommend. It transmits both phone calls and music to your car speakers, including audio from the Sirius XM app, NFL Mobile and some other apps. It doesn't let you charge the transmitter and your phone simultaneously, but I am amazed at how long the battery in the speakerphone unit lasts before it needs recharging (I've gone over a month before with 15 minutes of weekday use plus a few hours-long weekend trips). The included charger is a standard BlackBerry microUSB charger, so you can also use it to charge your phone when you're not charging the transmitter. The list price is a little expensive, but you can find it online for around $50.
    12-15-10 08:08 AM
    I have one of those cassette tape things, imo they have better sound quality. Never been a big fan of the FM transmitters.
    12-15-10 11:57 AM
    I have one of those cassette tape things, imo they have better sound quality. Never been a big fan of the FM transmitters.
    I never thought that I would agree with this, but I do big time. We had a $90 Monster FM transmitter for my iPod that was decent. I happened to buy a car that has both a tape deck and a 6 disc in dash CD changer. Monster transmitter broke, and I picked up a Scosche tape deck transmitter at Target for $9.99 on a whim that it would work. Well, it blows the Monster out of the water for sound quality, and only set me back 10 bucks. Cannot be beat unless you have an AUX in.
    12-15-10 12:30 PM
    Thanks for the help guys. I agree that the cassette adapter is the preferred method, but not when you don't have a tape deck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-10 03:24 PM
    The FM transmitter I have does not charge my phone...if you find a good one let me know.
    12-16-10 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD