I use both regularly. Each needs more polishing, each have great potential.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 11:36 PM
    Slacker.... hands down. Should have made it into a poll.
    02-04-09 12:15 AM
    Flycast's UI is horrible. It's ugly and more importantly it's buggy. Though I do like the assortment of stations.

02-04-09 12:25 AM
    Flycast for me. Slacker didn't work at all for me. Registration was a horrible experience with slacker.
    02-04-09 12:40 AM
    It is a bad comparison. USE THEM BOTH!

They are similar but different applications. Slacker is great for compiling your on the go music list. Flycast is great for getting OTA radio streamed. You can use one for music and one for radio (talk, sports, local, etc). I know they are both music applications but I see them being used for two different purposes.
    02-04-09 09:15 AM
    Slacker rocks for music. I'm going to keep Flycast so I can listen to our local AM sports station
    02-04-09 09:33 AM
    Flycast for me. Slacker didn't work at all for me. Registration was a horrible experience with slacker.
    You go to slacker.com, register an account (Similar to how you register an account on any other website), then use that for your BlackBerry. How's that horrible?
    02-04-09 09:39 AM
    I know this might be very unlikely, but as an avid Pandora Radio user, I'm curious if anyone has incite as to whether or not they'll make a mobile app for blackberry devices.
    I'm not too familiar with Flycast...but I do love Slacker...it is currently my fave app so far.

re: Pandora for the Storm...I too would love to have Pandora for my Storm. However I'm not sure if that will ever happen due to Apple. I read an article stating that Apple was interested in acquiring Pandora.
    02-04-09 10:32 AM
    Did you try with the new Storm application? Or are you talking about the online reg?
    02-04-09 10:34 AM
    I like nobex radio companion for radio things

02-04-09 09:23 PM
    I am also having the same problem...ddi you find a solution
    02-04-09 10:55 PM
    I use both services, both are good. Both have great features that the other doesn't have.

02-04-09 11:03 PM
    depends on what you want it for, they don't have the same function. I like flycast because I can listen to some of my am programs where I get no reception.

I have slacker also but don't use it much. I prefer flycast.
    02-05-09 01:22 AM
    SLACKER flycast dosnt even compare to how great it slacker is
    02-05-09 02:36 AM
    I use both. Unfortunately Flycast most resent version for the storm lost the ability to display in landscape whitch look stupid in it's cradle. When an alert sounds I have to restart the program to get it to play audio again. It also drops out occassionaly and I have to restart the station.
    02-13-09 02:34 PM
    umm slacker....flycast sux
    02-13-09 03:08 PM
    I like slacker better. (It seemed like flycast was always buffering.)

02-13-09 03:13 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD