Hi,

We're looking for beta testers from Crack to run our new version of FlyCast through some test cycles. Supports Curve/Bold/Storm with some VERY exciting new features (like listening to your favorite radio stations with no wireless connection and doubling your battery life!). And we've got over 1500 stations pre-programmed and more being added daily.

Point your device browser to flycast.fm/betabby. Tell us what you think in our forums .

FCJ
    06-03-09 05:15 PM
    Wow. A huge improvement over the older version!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 08:14 PM
    Just installed. It's awesome. Also installed the desktop player and updated my iPod Touch.
    06-03-09 09:04 PM
    Maybe I did something wrong with the install, but unless the new features include:
    a. seizing control of my Bold so that I can't navigate within or out of the app- to the point a battery pull is the only way out
    b. not playing any music at all-endlessly buffers (see point a. above)
    then I think the beta needs a little work. going back to the old one.
    06-04-09 12:32 PM
    We've had 1000 users install the new version and this is the 1st report of a failure. Please report it at support.flycast.fm so we can help you debug your issue. I'm sure its something simple.

FCJ
    06-04-09 01:05 PM
    I'm going to try uninstalling 1.34 completely and then re-dl the beta and see if it works. slow day today. if still issues, i'll report.

EDIT: That seemed to work as far as seizing control of my Bold. Prob should recommend people completely uninstall the old before dl new beta.
    I'm still having issues connecting to stations(strong 3g signal). I've connected but it fails a lot. So, i'll contact support a little later.
    Last edited by abu4321; 06-04-09 at 02:00 PM.
    06-04-09 01:22 PM
    This is my first install of FlyCast. It seems to be stuck in landscape mode. I am trying to hit sign up button it goes to the place where I would input my info then within 2 seconds goes right back to the User Setup page again without letting me sign up.

It won't let me minimize the keyboard. Doing a battery pull. Will report back.

Nope still won't let me sign up via the application. Guess I'll have to try thru the web browser, but I don't know how I will sign in since it won't let me get past that screen.

Issues:

1. Under the search feature there is no back button.
    2. When searching the keyboard is not available on the Storm 9530 running .148. There is no option to bring the keyboard up in the menu either. When hitting the physical back button on the Storm 9530 under search it takes you out of the program.
    3. My music on my SD card is not in a place where FlyCast can find it. Needs to be a setting to point it into the right location.
    4. Not an issue but 1140 WRVA is not available through FlyCast.
    Last edited by cadsystems; 06-04-09 at 02:50 PM.
    06-04-09 02:20 PM
    I had this problem signing in. Then checked and entered my missing APN and it worked.
    06-04-09 02:34 PM
    great feedback everyone, thanks! It will not be ignored.

The Storm is going to be Landscape-only for the near future, for a variety of tech and aesthetic reasons. Sorry for any challenges, as noted it is Beta and comes with the disclaimer. Please keep the quality feedback coming.

FCJ
    06-04-09 03:31 PM
    i just got 2.0 and it keeps on causing the phone to crash... however, when its working, its definitely a more solid connection
    06-10-09 01:43 PM
    Is there a problem getting Flycast to work with T-Mobile now? I have an 8320, and Flycast worked moderately well for me through about April. Then for some reason I could never get it past the "Loading..." message. It would just sit there forever.

I tried loading the new version, but that didn't make any difference. This was when trying to use the T-Mobile cell signal (it worked fine over my Wifi signal when at home.)
    06-11-09 01:06 PM
    I had a problem until I found that the APN wasn't set. Options > Advanced Options > TCP, APN: = wap.voicestream.com.
    06-11-09 01:40 PM
    I had a problem until I found that the APN wasn't set. Options > Advanced Options > TCP, APN: = wap.voicestream.com.
    Thanks! Mine was blank. I'll try testing it tonight when I get back in range of a T-Mobile signal.

I also just loaded the 2.0 Beta, so I'll see what that does.
    06-11-09 02:52 PM
    I loaded this up on my Storm so I could listen to RadioParadise. It worked at first but now, althought RP shows up in "Favorite Songs" nothing happens when I click on it. I tried to search but the keyboard won't come up.
    06-11-09 03:29 PM
    I loaded this up on my Storm so I could listen to RadioParadise. It worked at first but now, althought RP shows up in "Favorite Songs" nothing happens when I click on it. I tried to search but the keyboard won't come up.
    I got it working again -- sort of. For some reason RadioParadise migrated from a favorite station to a favorite song. I went into Flycast on my PC and added it back as a station and can get it on my Storm now. The keyboard still doesn't work so I have to make changes on the PC. Also, "bluetooth" does not turn my Cardo 2 headphones on. I have to start the headphones with the media manager before Flycast will work with them.

Still - if RP keeps working I am happy.
    06-11-09 04:34 PM
    9000/5.0.0.100 also on .93, inconsistently connects, through 3G apn is set, to "mystuff". "Guide" works 100%.
    Using wifi the program connects to both, "mystuff" and "guide" 100 %. The olf flycast worked on .93(haven't tried on 100).
    Error received is a tunnel failure

Once again I do not receive a tunnel failure when
    1 viewing guide
    2 using wifi
    Only when accessting mystuff with wifi disabled

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 07:04 PM
    I love the new features on this. the only problems i seem to have is that my stream periodically stops playing and i have to click the song to start it again. Do i have something set wrong? also I found the keyboard doesn't always pop up in the search. If it can stream without stopping i would be quite happy. thank you. I am running a storm with os .148
    06-17-09 01:57 PM
    hi am new to all this. have downloaded the app. now asks for APN user and APN passsword. Am on vodafone the apn is wap.vodafone.co.uk any advise appreciated.
    06-20-09 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD