OMG, I have to tell you that I am so glad I tried Flipside.

As it happens, I'm not really much into listening to music on my Blackberry like some younger people are, when I have a stereo right here. And, since I have the free player that comes with my Blackberry, as well as the free xPlayer (which is excellent), I thought why on Earth would I want Flipside.

Well, I tried it anyway and was very impressed. Basically, the cool part of it is that it has the look & feel of the IPhone UI I've seen on TV. It's like you are dragging (with the trackball of course) the album covers (it will find them for you) in front of you, from one to the next. Very professional and hip at the same time. Nicely done. It has all the features you'd expect, and a very cool interface.

Looks like there is room on my 8820 for this puppy after all.

Patrick
    03-26-08 06:51 AM
    Have it and love it.
    03-26-08 07:39 AM
    I liked it too, the killer anti-argument for me was that my 8100 only has a damn 2.5" jack and it's just to expensive to get a wirking adapter for that here in Germany (I have one for my old phone but that has only 2 lines and the 8100 needs 3 lines to work - stereo-signal + mic)

Apart from that I just love FlipSide!
    03-26-08 08:35 AM
    I tried the trial version and didn't like it because I had to edit soooooo many id tags on my mp3s so that it didn't file all my music into unknown. Does anybody know if the full version lets you edit them on your BB?
    03-26-08 09:08 AM
    I have full album so the idtag are already in there, no troubles for me....

full version will no let you edit id tags
    03-26-08 09:16 AM
    The software in question....

FlipSide MP3 Player - Blackberry

There is a free trial.
    03-26-08 10:05 AM
    I liked it too, the killer anti-argument for me was that my 8100 only has a damn 2.5" jack and it's just to expensive to get a wirking adapter for that here in Germany (I have one for my old phone but that has only 2 lines and the 8100 needs 3 lines to work - stereo-signal + mic)

Apart from that I just love FlipSide!
    You could get your own jack from an online electronics supplier easy enough.

Patrick
    03-26-08 10:20 AM
    Will it play audio books?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-08 10:28 AM
    wooohoooo just ot flipside for my 8320 and its groovy baby!!!
    is there a way to add album art if it cant find it? and does album art take up space on my curve?

what if i wanted a imeem app?
    04-01-08 03:47 PM
    is there a way to add album art if it cant find it?
    Yes, in fact sometimes the art found by the program is wrong. If it is, you can submit it to them and they'll put it in their cauche so others will get the correct art. You can create 200x200 (recommended size) art and put it in the album directory with the .mp3, or better yet, you can edit the mp3 and put the art inside it with various tag editing programs. There is a great tag editor they recommend on their site that works great. Then, no matter where you move the mp3 the art is with it. The only downside there is each mp3 duplicates the small storage necessary to keep it (~4-5k).

To find the art, Google "{your title} song", and then look for the album.

and does album art take up space on my curve?
    Yeap, everything does. Their "found" art (which wasn't part of your mp3 or it wouldn't need to search) gets stored in the album folder.

what if i wanted a imeem app?
    You'll have to speak English for me sorry.
    04-02-08 04:51 AM
    Ok, but it is a little bit expensive.
    04-02-08 06:15 AM
    does it have dedicated volume buttons? also, is it dedicated at the top of every menu like the built in media player is? That would sell it for me. Also, isn't 4.5 upping the media player to look a lil better?
    04-02-08 06:53 AM
    A downside of Flipside is that it does not work with the track controls on a bluetooth Stereo headset.
    04-02-08 09:28 AM
    Been using it for a while and love it.
    04-02-08 09:33 AM
    I tried the trial version and didn't like it because I had to edit soooooo many id tags on my mp3s so that it didn't file all my music into unknown. Does anybody know if the full version lets you edit them on your BB?
    Just get the free MP3Tag program (listed on their site).

Patrick
    04-02-08 11:11 AM
    i've got a question regarding the dedicated top of the menu part...

first, i love that it is at the top of the menus, just like the BB player. this is a plus for me, because as great as xPlayer is, it doesnt have that ability.

so my question is, even when i am not using flipside, it is at the top of my menus, and if i click on it, nothing happens. if i click on the flipside icon to start playing music, i then have two flipsides showing at the top of my menu.

does anybody know why this is happening, and how i can stop it?

thanks!
    E
    04-21-08 05:00 PM
    its a glitch, have to restart your bb by pulling battery
    04-22-08 02:40 AM
    it has been fixed...now i officially love it 100%....thanks!

E
    04-22-08 07:35 PM
    can flipside be transferred to another phone if upgrading?? decided on it over miu tunes based on price and performance. Would hate to pay for it if it wont transfer to the Bold i plan i getting whenever its released.
    Last edited by scottami; 07-22-08 at 09:57 PM. Reason: typos
    07-22-08 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD