I have been using the trial of flipside, so far I really like it, looks great. However I have one small issue, maybe someone can help. Some of my albums, when loaded, show the artist and album title on the front screen...great...however there are a few albums that rather than displaying the artist name it says "various" and then the album title below that. I can't figure out how to set up my music files so they display with both the artist and album name. I know this is a minor issue, but I'm anal enough that it really really bugs me and is preventing me from buying the program.

Any input would be appreciated.
    01-30-08 08:21 PM
    I have that problem, too. The problem is how the album is tagged. For example, if one song gives credit to two singers (for example - On Shania Twains's greates hits, she has a duet w/Billy Currington) it can be tagged as two separate ablums. Flipside (and iTunes) reads it as two albums. If it gets tagged as one album, it may read it as various artists.
    01-31-08 08:28 AM
    I figured it was something like that. I've gone into the individual file's and changed the various properties, on some files and albums it works fine, on others, no go. Any ideas on how to remedy this?
    01-31-08 11:06 PM
    How did you edit them? Did you use a tagging software?
    02-01-08 07:19 AM
    You can change the id3 tags through programs like winamp

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-08 11:22 AM
    How did you edit them? Did you use a tagging software?
    I have been going into the properties and just making sure that I had all of the album names and artist names correct. Seems to have worked for many of my albums, but there are a few that no matter what I do still show as "various" for the artist.

I'll check out winamp, see how that works for me.

Thanks for the help.
    02-01-08 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD