Flickr Photo Uploader for BlackBerry smartphones lets you post your photos from just about anywhere

Sometimes you need to share your photos right away. Now you can, using the new FlickrTM Photo Uploader for BlackBerry� smartphones. Just snap a picture and post it directly to your Flickr account from virtually wherever you happen to be.

The Flickr Photo Uploader takes advantage of BlackBerry technology to make sharing your images easy, using the menus and prompts you're familiar with. You can tag your photo, adjust the size, and post it to your photostream making it automatically available to your contacts, via Flickr. If your BlackBerry smartphone has GPS, you can even "geotag" your images so your friends will know exactly where they were taken.

If you don't already have one, click here to get your free Yahoo! ID to use Flickr.

Flickr Photo Uploader for BlackBerry smartphones is available to BlackBerry� Internet Service subscribers at no charge.

To download the software, click here.
    06-06-08 04:31 PM
    Yup, got my email and downloaded it already. Great little app plus it's free. lol
    Last edited by Edd; 06-06-08 at 04:52 PM.
    06-06-08 04:46 PM
    I downloaded it. Will give a spin.
    06-06-08 06:00 PM
    06-06-08 06:46 PM
    i dont understand lol. how exactly does Flickr work?? it sounds like a good idea to be able to take pics from my bb without emailing or usb, but once u have them on your flickr account what can u do with them then?
    06-06-08 07:35 PM
    i dont understand lol. how exactly does Flickr work?? it sounds like a good idea to be able to take pics from my bb without emailing or usb, but once u have them on your flickr account what can u do with them then?
    Give people your flickr address so they can see all the great pictures you've taken.
    06-06-08 07:42 PM
    oh ok. is it popular? and can i post the pics on myspace, facebook, etc from my flickr account?
    06-06-08 08:09 PM
    Jippi!!!!I have had a flickr account for 3 years, now I will finally use it.
    06-06-08 08:12 PM
    thanks Dude..... I will try this
    06-06-08 08:41 PM
    How are you supposed to log in to this thing? I've tried my Flickr username plus Yahoo! password, Yahoo username plus password, and yahoo [email protected] plus Yahoo password. Nothing works. Which username and password does it want? Anyone getting it to work?
    06-06-08 08:56 PM
    I got it to work with my yahoo username (without the @yahoo.com) and yahoo password.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-08 09:00 PM
    got it to work but, think I'm going to stay with Picasa. Plus Google and BB are working on a program to upload straight from the phone.
    06-06-08 09:45 PM
    This is weird. I just can't log in to the thing. I've cleaned my memory, pulled the battery...it just doesn't like me.
    06-07-08 05:12 AM
    I have it working but it seems to fail a bit the Re-send option never works, I end up having to delete it and then start over.
    I am going to check out shozu which gives me more options, picassa may be an option as well, but this is good to experiment with for now. Havent figured out geotaggin yet.
    06-08-08 09:13 AM
    worked great for the first photo but after that it says " error uploading photo. Please check account status and try again."

What the heck do i do next?
    06-09-08 12:17 AM
    Flickr is great.
    06-10-08 02:41 PM
    if you use YAHOO GO! it has built in flickr plugin/module.

You can easily upload image(s) right through the YAHOO GO! application and not have to have a 2nd one.

Yahoo GO! is a nice lil app for the blackberry and I use it a lot. The flickr piece is basically a miniturized flicker app for the blackberry. Lets you upload.. see new photos.... view contacts, browser photos, and more. Check it out.
    06-11-08 09:51 AM
    Great explanation there Iceman. Kudos.
    06-15-08 03:21 PM
    got it to work but, think I'm going to stay with Picasa. Plus Google and BB are working on a program to upload straight from the phone.
    Any idea when a Picasa/Blackberry uploader might come about? I searched for this and found posts where this was demo-ed back at CES in January. But no news since. I love Picasa, and use google stuff. I don't want to at another email account to my 16 other email accounts, so using google would be a benefit to me.
    06-15-08 04:41 PM
    No idea when its coming. Keep checking the owners lounge or wait to receive the e-mail or keep checking Google.
    06-15-08 06:22 PM
    worked great for the first photo but after that it says " error uploading photo. Please check account status and try again."

What the heck do i do next?
    I was having this same issue with Flickr after a couple days of it working flawlessly. I finally tried a battery pull and that fixed it.
    06-16-08 10:45 AM
    Oh yeah. Join my Flickr group. We are small in numbers, but our members are so cool. My profile has the information. Also, check out my other Flickr posts.
    06-16-08 08:47 PM
    Any idea when a Picasa/Blackberry uploader might come about? I searched for this and found posts where this was demo-ed back at CES in January. But no news since. I love Picasa, and use google stuff. I don't want to at another email account to my 16 other email accounts, so using google would be a benefit to me.
    While waiting for Blackberry to release the Picasa uploader, I found an alternate way to upload pictures to Picasa using Blogger.com. Basically I created a dummy blog on Blogger.com (now using the same login as Google), and setup mobile blogging with my Blackberry. When I want to upload a picture to Picasa, I email my picture as an attachment to the dummy blog. Blogger.com create an album for each blog on your Picasa album to store any pictures you might be uploading to the blog. So the pictures I uploaded to the blog will shows up in Picasa. I just go in later to geo-tag the pictures and put in any comments, or move them to another album. Hope this helps some people out there.

Jeff
    07-24-08 01:12 PM
    Oh yeah. Join my Flickr group. We are small in numbers, but our members are so cool. My profile has the information. Also, check out my other Flickr posts.
    07-24-08 06:48 PM
    Has anyone gotten geotagging to work on their photos? My photos uploaded fine but it seems me geotag data did not get uploaded with them.

I am on verizon so I am using a Garmin 10 GPS puck, and I know that works because both BB maps and Google maps show my exact position and such. Just when I upload none of the geo data is saved.

Anyone get this to work?
    07-24-08 10:50 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD