go to camera, hit the blackberry key, go to video camera. go to options and set the flash to on. Then tap the record button without clicking in.

As long as the phone's orientation remains where it is, the flash will stay on, unlike with the camera where it only stays on for 2-3 seconds.
    05-03-10 06:12 AM
    i am pretty sure that quicklaunch's built in flashlight function does this actually. Many do.
    05-03-10 09:39 AM
    What do I do for a 8500 series BB then?
    05-03-10 10:05 AM
    I have the upper left convenience key set to start the vid cam too. Use it quite frequently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 10:08 AM
    i am pretty sure that quicklaunch's built in flashlight function does this actually. Many do.
    I never bought quicklaunch.
    05-04-10 02:16 AM
    You could also just visit the free apps page.

http://m.crackberry.com/free-blackberry-apps

Or check out the free OTA apps thread stickied to the top of the Storm 3rd Party Apps sub forum.

Or is the search function a ripoff too?

05-04-10 02:36 PM
    Haha! ^^

Wasn't this fairly common knowledge like a year and a half ago?
    05-04-10 02:49 PM
    Most of the flashlight apps come as a sort of side order to the paid apps main function, like QuickLaunch. i wouldn't buy just a flashlight app. But i use QL a lot and i use the flashlight feature that's included once in a while too!

And there are free flashlight apps as others stated.

05-04-10 02:58 PM
    The best one is the flashlight that's in versatool, the light never blinks on n off, and rotating doesn't affect the light, plus they covered the video screen part..best one I've seen yet

05-04-10 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD